• Welcome!

Register and log in easily with Twitter or Google accounts!

Or simply create a new Huddle account. 

Members receive fewer ads , access our dark theme, and the ability to join the discussion!

Kyle Love signed to one year deal.

Jeremy Igo

33 minutes ago, MHS831 said:

FS?  Well, this is our biggest hole right now--Gaulden is probably going to nickel, not FS.  Searcy is a liability, a fringe starter.  We need a fast, smart, hitter.  I swear, I think  we are going to get Rapp in round 2 if he is still there.

Rapp is a football guy thru and thru, simply is a player. Always knew he would test poorly because he did so in highschool and isn't an impressive athlete. He just knows how to play the game BUT a Rapp/Reid safety tandem will get you destroyed in the passing game. 

Extending Reid took Rapps safety skill set off the board IMO. Rapp might grade out better than other safeties but he's not the type of safety we need with Reid around for a few years. 

15 minutes ago, jumpman910 said:

Rapp is a football guy thru and thru, simply is a player. Always knew he would test poorly because he did so in highschool and isn't an impressive athlete. He just knows how to play the game BUT a Rapp/Reid safety tandem will get you destroyed in the passing game. 

Extending Reid took Rapps safety skill set off the board IMO. Rapp might grade out better than other safeties but he's not the type of safety we need with Reid around for a few years. 

100% agreed. I like Rapp as a player, but not as a running mate with Reid. That's an '80 safety combo in a completely different era of football.

15 minutes ago, shaqattaq said:

At what turned out to be a very reasonable price. Add another win to Hurndog.

Yep, I was on the fence on Reid's deal when it was announced but after seeing what safeties went for in FA this off-season it ended up looking like a pretty good deal.

2 minutes ago, LinvilleGorge said:

Yep, I was on the fence on Reid's deal when it was announced but after seeing what safeties went for in FA this off-season it ended up looking like a pretty good deal.

Still would have been smarter to let Reid test the market like they did with Love.

Probably could have got him cheaper and even if not, it's not like his play was elite.

4 hours ago, LinvilleGorge said:

I wouldn't rule out DT early at all. Boyh of our starters are big cap hits and neither may be worth it.

But we can't get out of the either contract until after 2019, so as I've told you before picking DT early in this year's draft would be horrible. We need DE and OL much worse. Now picking DT early in the 2020 draft would be the right play. You need your 1st round pick to contribute early. Not sure how that would be possible with Poe, Short, Love and Butler on the roster.

Archived