• Welcome!

Register and log in easily with Twitter or Google accounts!

Or simply create a new Huddle account. 

Members receive fewer ads , access our dark theme, and the ability to join the discussion!

Kyle Love signed to one year deal.

Jeremy Igo

17 minutes ago, SetfreexX said:

To add onto this, if memory serves, and without looking, only Matt Paradis (3 yrs / 27M) has received a multi-year deal as a free agent signing so far this off-season and considering the position and the need / fit - I don't think you can argue that. 

Williams / Irvin / Hogan / Love (all the AAF guys) - 1yr deals

The ONLY real gripe you might have is if a guy on a 1yr deal plays himself out of an extension, but the cap situation moving forward as far as I know is fairly friendly. 

Not to mention cutting Smith and rolling over 5M for 2020 is still an option as well. 

Reid got 3 years also.

1 hour ago, steven8989 said:

I think alot of people put blame on Hurney. But the owner has the money and gives the last word. I put alot of blame on Jerry Richardson. He was to loyal to players and I think that's why when big contracts were given out everyone was like omg Hurney.

I’ve said that very thing to people. We all saw what happened to gettleman the second he didn’t just give Thomas Davis and Olsen more money the second they asked for it. I think what’s helped Hurney this time is that Jerry was shamed into selling the team. 

2 hours ago, joemac said:

HURNEYMAGIC!

Seriously though, has he made a bad move this offseason?  Looking like an actual competent GM! 

It’s amazing what a change in ownership will do to people. With JR he knew he could F stuff up and still keep his job. Same with Ron

1 hour ago, emcannon said:

I guess I was providing commentary on how you tend to answer a question with a question and remain super vague, such that you appear to be super uninformed. To answer your question, as a long-suffering Panther fan, yes I happen to follow the moves of our GM. I thought that would've been obvious, but apparently not. Since you laid out an assertion that Hurney is killing our future cap, I thought you might educate us on how exactly he's doing that. But at this point, I've moved on. Good day, sir.

With childish terms? Lifting isn’t laying out how Hurney doesn’t suck. 

1 hour ago, DeAngelo Beason said:

Must be trolling?

Nope. Hurney sucks at GM’ing. People whined continually about Rivera at the end of last season, but Hurney is the real issue. 

I’m not saying get rid of him. I’m not even saying he’s a bad person. He’s just not a good GM. 

There were rumors floated he was going to be made team president, I’m totally down for that. And think he will do a lot of good there, he’s just not a good GM. 

40 minutes ago, Harbingers said:

Nope. Hurney sucks at GM’ing. People whined continually about Rivera at the end of last season, but Hurney is the real issue. 

I’m not saying get rid of him. I’m not even saying he’s a bad person. He’s just not a good GM. 

There were rumors floated he was going to be made team president, I’m totally down for that. And think he will do a lot of good there, he’s just not a good GM. 

His free agency moves last year look pretty bad, but his draft was damn solid. We'll see...

I didn't want him brought back either and I was shocked when Tepper didn't make a GM change this offseason. I think that promising draft bought Hurney another year. Or maybe Tepper sees Hurney/Rivera as a combo package and if he decides to make a change he's just going to make wholesale football side of operations changes all at once.

6 minutes ago, LinvilleGorge said:

His free agency moves last year look pretty bad, but his draft was damn solid. We'll see...

I didn't want him brought back either and I was shocked when Gettleman didn't make a GM change this offseason. I think that promising draft bought Hurney another year. Or maybe Gettleman sees Hurney/Rivera as a combo package and if he decides to make a change he's just going to make wholesale football side of operations changes all at once.

You might wanna proofread that.

I wish everyone would relax on the whole 3-4 or 4-3 thing. You get the best players you can, draft the best players you can and make adjustments to the scheme based on those players.

the winning teams do it that way. The inconsistent losing teams pick a scheme and then try to make players fit— people are people— you can’t always have the perfect fit at every position for your scheme— in a salary cap world that’s impossible—

so get smarter,.. put the players in positions to succeed by their strengths.

in short— the fronts are adjustable.

Archived