• Welcome!

Register and log in easily with Twitter or Google accounts!

Or simply create a new Huddle account. 

Members receive fewer ads , access our dark theme, and the ability to join the discussion!

Kyle Love signed to one year deal.

Jeremy Igo

12 minutes ago, DeAngelo Beason said:

You haven't been paying attention to anything, clearly.  Most of the recent signings are one year deals, and the only multi year deals he's given out have been great bargains on positions of huge need.  

You don’t follow our cap space so you.

17 minutes ago, DeAngelo Beason said:

You haven't been paying attention to anything, clearly.  Most of the recent signings are one year deals, and the only multi year deals he's given out have been great bargains on positions of huge need.  

To add onto this, if memory serves, and without looking, only Matt Paradis (3 yrs / 27M) has received a multi-year deal as a free agent signing so far this off-season and considering the position and the need / fit - I don't think you can argue that. 

Williams / Irvin / Hogan / Love (all the AAF guys) - 1yr deals

The ONLY real gripe you might have is if a guy on a 1yr deal plays himself out of an extension, but the cap situation moving forward as far as I know is fairly friendly. 

Not to mention cutting Smith and rolling over 5M for 2020 is still an option as well. 

2 minutes ago, LinvilleGorge said:

Good signing. Gives us a bandaid on our DL depth, but shouldn't impact what we do in the draft at all.

Defensive Tackle Depth-

Short / Poe / Love / Butler / Barnes (and a couple other young guys)

I don't see interior DL early, but I wouldn't count out a day 3 or even a late day 2 selection there (Dre'Mont Jones is on the visits / work out lists for us) and is around 280 so he can play outside and in. Given the scheme will feature both a 4-3 and a 3-4 he makes sense if available.  

6 minutes ago, SetfreexX said:

Defensive Tackle Depth-

Short / Poe / Love / Butler / Barnes (and a couple other young guys)

I don't see interior DL early, but I wouldn't count out a day 3 or even a late day 2 selection there (Dre'Mont Jones is on the visits / work out lists for us) and is around 280 so he can play outside and in. Given the scheme will feature both a 4-3 and a 3-4 he makes sense if available.  

I wouldn't rule out DT early at all. Boyh of our starters are big cap hits and neither may be worth it.

1 minute ago, Harbingers said:

What does this have to do with lifting? 

I guess I was providing commentary on how you tend to answer a question with a question and remain super vague, such that you appear to be super uninformed. To answer your question, as a long-suffering Panther fan, yes I happen to follow the moves of our GM. I thought that would've been obvious, but apparently not. Since you laid out an assertion that Hurney is killing our future cap, I thought you might educate us on how exactly he's doing that. But at this point, I've moved on. Good day, sir.

Archived