• Welcome!

Register and log in easily with Twitter or Google accounts!

Or simply create a new Huddle account. 

Members receive fewer ads , access our dark theme, and the ability to join the discussion!

Why I like the Hogan Signing

Steves89

4 minutes ago, KaseKlosed said:

If Hogan is your 2nd options your WR core is in trouble.  Nothing about hogan is outstanding. NE WR room is already thin and now they let Hogan walk without resiging him is a big flag.  Hogan did literally nothing in other systems. Dude wasn't even in the superbowl game plan. Lol However he is going to be an upgrade over Torrey Smith's speed? Which teams have a plan for or is he going to catch jump balls over teams DBs? What weapon does he bring to the table besides being a system WR??? You guys must see something I don't 

We'll just have to wait  and see. I did say at best, as in if he just happens to click, he'd be the 2nd option, but most likely he'd be a good bit further down the line...behind DJ, CMC, Samuel, and probably Olsen/Thomas. Smith wasn't much of a factor and I think it's pretty easy to  think of Hogan being an upgrade over smith who is on the downside of his career.

you might be right about him, but you could also be wrong. it wouldn't be the first time *cough*CMC*cough*

1 hour ago, KaseKlosed said:

If Hogan is your 2nd options your WR core is in trouble.  Nothing about hogan is outstanding. NE WR room is already thin and now they let Hogan walk without resiging him is a big flag.  Hogan did literally nothing in other systems. Dude wasn't even in the superbowl game plan. Lol However he is going to be an upgrade over Torrey Smith's speed? Which teams have a plan for or is he going to catch jump balls over teams DBs? What weapon does he bring to the table besides being a system WR??? You guys must see something I don't 

Yeah alot, you must still be watching AAF. Oh dang my bad it's been cancelled. 

8 hours ago, KaseKlosed said:

I disagree. Hogan actually had his career high in receptions in Buffalo. The Patriots went out and signed him. So unless Buffalo and NE rin the same system....Hogan learned both. I read the Ian Rappaport  tweet when said there was modest interest in the Patriots retaining him and that several teams were also interested in signing him. So there must be something there.

Personally I think the reason the Patriots didnt sign him is because he didnt fit their system...at least going forward as Brady is losing arm strength.

5 hours ago, TheMaulClaw said:

I disagree. Hogan actually had his career high in receptions in Buffalo. The Patriots went out and signed him. So unless Buffalo and NE rin the same system....Hogan learned both. I read the Ian Rappaport  tweet when said there was modest interest in the Patriots retaining him and that several teams were also interested in signing him. So there must be something there.

Personally I think the reason the Patriots didnt sign him is because he didnt fit their system...at least going forward as Brady is losing arm strength.

Brady losing arm strength lol. 

On 4/13/2019 at 6:30 PM, Tepper's Chest Hair said:

I never saw anyone state he's be a probowler.  Or anywhere close.  Come on man.

What he does is give us depth in a WR group that we haven't had before.  For too long our WR group, top to bottom, has been a joke.  

Our WR1from 2017 has been cut twice.  Once by the Buffalo Bills powerhouse.  He is not currently on a team.

Our WR2 that replaced our WR1 was rated at a 1 year contract after we moved on from him.

Our WR depth has been filled with players that couldn't make other teams, considering not even our former WR1 can.  

Right now, we are getting solid WR3, WR4s, etc.  That IS a game changer.  We don't need every drive production from these guys.  We don't need 700 yard seasons from those guys.

We need guys that are "solid" that we can count on in depth positions.  Guys that can't be easily ignored with everyone's attention only on Moore or CMC.  I can't think of a time where I felt we had that.  

Well said. The other trait I like about Hogan is that I remember him as a very good down field blocker. That can help the youngsters (CMC included) get even more YAC.  No way to consider this a bad signing. 

Archived