• Welcome!

Register and log in easily with Twitter or Google accounts!

Or simply create a new Huddle account. 

Members receive fewer ads , access our dark theme, and the ability to join the discussion!

BOA RENOVATIONS

blackcat

I said in the survey that I would be in favor of party decks provided that they are for adults only.  I like kids...I really do, but when I have to sensor myself at the games because of the rugrats sitting around me, it kind of spoils my experience out of consideration of others.

I think unfortunately “family friendly” is a way of the past and is bad business. BoA is absolutely the most family friendly stadium I’ve been to. In many NFL cities you plain and simply don’t bring kids to the game. 

I think reducing capacity is a good idea. Attendance is down for football all over the US. Worst case scenario is we cap out PSLs which is a net positive. That way we can get rid of the people that sell their seats week after week. 

3 hours ago, ImfromClayton said:

MLB in CLT would be an epic failure in this guy's opinion, but it stands a much better shot here than the triangle. Whoever came up with that idea simply can't do basic math.

Yep, just like some moron who thought NHL hockey would work here in NC... Oh wait.. 

LB8P5127-728x485.jpg

23 minutes ago, !stUp said:

Yep, just like some moron who thought NHL hockey would work here in NC... Oh wait.. 

LB8P5127-728x485.jpg

Man I’m a big time canes fan. I’m from Clayton. I love Raleigh. 81 home games in Raleigh? Where is the corporate $? Who would own it? Even if you got a team, how would you keep the cash flow to be consistently good? 

Baseball is huge south of Raleigh and east of Charlotte however they are all 100% Braves fans and it would take 20 seasons before people would start to care about a team in North Carolina and the franchise won't stay afloat during that time, not to mention the MLB won't survive that long without major changes to its format to bring in new fans

Baseball could work in Charlotte more than people think, assuming they make it affordable, because I won't spend any money to see minor league ball regardless of how cheap it is because I could care less ... its the minors.  I much rather see the MLB and would spend money to see that.  My point is there might be plenty of people who feel the same way.  

I am the same way with the Checkers.  When the kids were young, yeah it was cool for them... but me eh.  I have not been in years, and wont.  BUT if an NHL team was here... I'd have season tickets.  

On 4/10/2019 at 9:36 PM, toldozer said:

I got the survey as well.  Options were all very expensive.  The mls psl and season tickets were very reasonable though.  150 bucks a game for upper level Corner party deck is too much.  The membership clubs were even more and would be on top of season ticket costs. 

It's called Corporate Sponsors. Bernie...is gonna make sure....we can...ALL AFFORD...PANTHER PSL'S! Make the Pantha's...work...for YOU! Not themselves!

Bunnie bunnie bunnie

On 4/14/2019 at 10:33 PM, RIAnBOW said:

Agree 100%.

Same for Charlotte....completely laughable idea.

Now that I disagree with completely. Laughable? Funny because even the commish of MLB recently, in last couple of years, mentioned Charlotte on a short list of potential expansion/relocation cities. Along with Montreal & Portland.

Also, the Knights have led MiLB in attendance ever since they moved the team Uptown...so laughable? ehhhh not so much.

On 4/15/2019 at 1:12 PM, amcoolio said:

Baseball is huge south of Raleigh and east of Charlotte however they are all 100% Braves fans and it would take 20 seasons before people would start to care about a team in North Carolina and the franchise won't stay afloat during that time, not to mention the MLB won't survive that long without major changes to its format to bring in new fans

It would take 1 playoff run....

And many Charlotteans would automatically become Charlotte fans..... this isn't the '95 Braves any more...

10 hours ago, panthersphan said:

It would take 1 playoff run....

And many Charlotteans would automatically become Charlotte fans..... this isn't the '95 Braves any more...

They are actually startingto get good again and have a lot of young talent.  It could turn in to that again for the braves. 

Archived