• Welcome!

Register and log in easily with Twitter or Google accounts!

Or simply create a new Huddle account. 

Members receive fewer ads , access our dark theme, and the ability to join the discussion!

Name a 2nd round prospect you would trade two 3rds for.

Jeremy Igo

On 4/2/2019 at 12:43 PM, Louie said:

I would rather have a "Quatta" instead of two dimes and a nickel.

That depends who is spending the money. And right now we have Hurney righting the checks.  Be careful of what you ask for with his track record of trading up.  

That “Quatta” might only be good for a carnival arcade game. 

4 hours ago, XClown1986 said:

I wouldn't be mad at this. Kid plays all out on every snap.

He actually tested unbelievable well at the combine.

If we don't draft a OLB in the first round I would really consider him in the second.  Although I think he might go before 47.

On 4/2/2019 at 8:03 PM, JARROD said:

There needs to be a section where guys can square off and tell each other how they really feel—-

call it fight club.

the first rule about fight club is you don’t talk about fight club.

the second rule about fight club is you don’t talk about fight club.

Wow...tell me more about fight club...

1 hour ago, AU-panther said:

He actually tested unbelievable well at the combine.

If we don't draft a OLB in the first round I would really consider him in the second.  Although I think he might go before 47.

Wouldn't hate some Winovich swag...

1 minute ago, jumpman910 said:

Winovich is gonna be a victim of that low ceiling he'll be tagged with.

Most of the time when a combine matches the tape and production they shoot up the boards or atleast get more buzz than he's getting. 

Somebody will get a good value pick then...

• 3 weeks later...
On 4/2/2019 at 3:37 PM, shaqattaq said:

The problem is that we'd be trading 77 and 100, so we'd be trading for mid to late 50's. Adderly and Gardner-Johnson will very likely be gone by then. So we're looking more like Tytus Howard, Jaylon Furgeson, or Taylor Rapp type player.  The panthers would have to be pretty high on a guy to make this trade with all the holes we have. Will Greir? I would disagree with this move, but we do seem to want him.

My answer:  Dre'Mont Jones. If we go tackle and safety with our first 2 picks (not necessarily in that order) any DE's left at pick 55 will be projects. Jones could be an impact player day 1 both in the 4-3 rotation and in the 3-4 lineup.

Edit: Jeffrey Simmons very likely could drop this far and was top 10-15 talent before he tore his ACL. With as many needs as we have it would be a huge gamble to trade up for a player that would't play until December at best, but it would be an interesting move. And I don't want the Pats to grab him at 56 or 64.

Just curious if you had used the points system to see the cost of trading up from 47 to say 35 to 40th and if it would really cost that much, to me that seems really expensive. I was thinking even our 2nd 3rd would move us up 10 spots or so and I think adderly or gardner will be there at 35 to 40. I really think in any other draft neither of these guys makes it out of the top 30.

3 minutes ago, Matt62881 said:

Just curious if you had used the points system to see the cost of trading up from 47 to say 35 to 40th and if it would really cost that much, to me that seems really expensive. I was thinking even our 2nd 3rd would move us up 10 spots or so and I think adderly or gardner will be there at 35 to 40. I really think in any other draft neither of these guys makes it out of the top 30.

my bad misread you were looking to turn the two 3rds into a 2nd wich I think would be w mistake .....I think you gotta go safety in the 2nd the value of adderly is game changing. I think adderly and chauncey are both gone by 50 most likely before 47.

Archived