• Welcome!

Register and log in easily with Twitter or Google accounts!

Or simply create a new Huddle account. 

Members receive fewer ads , access our dark theme, and the ability to join the discussion!

Name a 2nd round prospect you would trade two 3rds for.

Jeremy Igo

I'm not sure why people are always so quick to trade up.  This draft is deep in some positions of need for us, we could end up with 4 contributors in the first 3 rounds.

Also before people start naming players that are probably going at the top of the second everyone needs to realize our two thirds would get about pick 60 which is towards the bottom of the round.

One scenario I would consider moving up for is if we were to trade down in the first and use that capital to move up in the second.  For example trading back to pick 20 gets you enough capital to move pick 47 up to 33.

So instead of 16 and 47 you would have 20 and 33.  Depending on who is there at 16 I would strongly consider that.  I think there is going to be some talent at the beginning of the second.

For example if Burns if gone you could trade back and pick up someone like Tillery (who I think is undervalued by most and could fit 3-4 or 4-3 for us) and then move up and grab someone like Winovench or a safety that you might not think will last to 47.

10 minutes ago, jumpman910 said:

The 2nd pick is what's being discussed.

Basically moving both 3rds to move up in the top of the 2nd for a player 

Hmm...both thirds and the second rounder.  That is not what the topic said man.  Those 2 dudes I target end of round 2 using the two thirds.  We keep 47.

12 minutes ago, Shocker said:

Hmm...both thirds and the second rounder.  That is not what the topic said man.  Those 2 dudes I target end of round 2 using the two thirds.  We keep 47.

Yeah I guess you could package two thirds and get to the bottom of the second. I guess since all the names being suggested are fringe 1st rounders/early 2nd that I just assumed it was moving two 3rds with the obvious 2nd round swap. 

Archived