• Welcome!

Register and log in easily with Twitter or Google accounts!

Or simply create a new Huddle account. 

Members receive fewer ads , access our dark theme, and the ability to join the discussion!

What grade would you give Marty Hurney for March?

Jeremy Igo

Quick question? If I’m such a Hurney hater, why am I the one and only person who defends him every time some blamed him for anything in Kalils contract? Why would I do that? Why would I bash the Kalil signing more than any poster on here, since the second he signed, if Im such a DG apologist? Any of y’all got posts where you praise Gettleman for anything? Ever? Who has the agenda here again. Who’s obsessed? 

37 minutes ago, Toomers said:

He would have gotten 3+ on a one year deal. Why would it not be guaranteed. And you keep comparing 2M to 36M. How freaking stupid are you? These are as far apart as situations get. You’re right. I couldn’t make this up. Because I can’t fathom anyone being ignorant enough to compare these two situations. But as usual, make it up as you go along. 

If you’re interested in what others think, ask anyone here what players value most and if the Norman and Davis situations are even remotely the same. I’m game. 

So now we can’t even bring up that the overpaid PK, that Hurney signed, can’t be cut because of Hurneys incompetence. What could be more relevant than that. Have you really went there. And you think a person as sad as you is “posters calling me out”, you need to come out of the basement more often. Many agenda driven posters have problems with facts on here. like you do. Avoid what makes you look bad, and ramble about something that doesn’t make sense. Then change the standards from post to post. 

Again what happened to the cap and math accusations. With multiple claims I still haven’t seen anything that wasn’t legit. Just you defending the guy who didn’t cut your man-crush. 

You just got expose again by the above poster, the hypocrite runs strong in you, you keep comparing Norman’s franchise tag number to his actual contract with the skins, hindsight genius there’s no contract with the skins if we don’t rescind the tag. You speak for td like you know him personally. You only defend hurney on the kalil situation because you’d be crazy not to, that’s where the buck stops not one other heap of raise or congrats to anything hurney has done his second time around, like I said multiple posters are catching on to your song and dance, it’s old and tired 

28 minutes ago, Cpt slay a ho said:

You just got expose again by the above poster, the hypocrite runs strong in you, you keep comparing Norman’s franchise tag number to his actual contract with the skins, hindsight genius there’s no contract with the skins if we don’t rescind the tag. You speak for td like you know him personally. You only defend hurney on the kalil situation because you’d be crazy not to, that’s where the buck stops not one other heap of raise or congrats to anything hurney has done his second time around, like I said multiple posters are catching on to your song and dance, it’s old and tired 

You mean the one I answered completely and haven’t heard anything back. Maybe you can tell me what grade I gave him? Specifically? Since we are picking apart every word. Why don’t you take a shot?

So he actually got 50M more guaranteed but would have come back for what again? What was this magic contract that would have prevented him from taking 50M guaranteed? Is that seriously your point. 

TD spoke for himself in numerous articles. Prior to any deals or even the end of the season. He wanted to finish with one team. His freaking words. Norman said his AFTER he signed. And again the money isn’t remotely close which makes it completely irrelevant.

I guess except in this thread where I said every move he made was good. Or are you that lost you forgot what you asked me to post what I would do. But I’ve pointed that out multiple times and you ignore it like always. You mean like how you tried to act like you were unbiased and thought both Hurney and DG sucked. But we all know now he cut your fav player and that’s really all that matters. 

I judge moves on their merit. You judge moves by who made them. That much is obvious. Find me one post where you defend Gettleman. And if it’s so easy to defend Hurney on Kalils restructure, where were you and all these other Hurney 2.0 defenders at. I come in after 12 pages and only one other poster has it right. Why did I have do that? Are none of you intelligent enough to defend your boy. 

27 minutes ago, Toomers said:

You mean the one I answered completely and haven’t heard anything back. Maybe you can tell me what grade I gave him? Specifically? Since we are picking apart every word. Why don’t you take a shot?

So he actually got 50M more guaranteed but would have come back for what again? What was this magic contract that would have prevented him from taking 50M guaranteed? Is that seriously your point. 

TD spoke for himself in numerous articles. Prior to any deals or even the end of the season. He wanted to finish with one team. His freaking words. Norman said his AFTER he signed. And again the money isn’t remotely close which makes it completely irrelevant.

I guess except in this thread where I said every move he made was good. Or are you that lost you forgot what you asked me to post what I would do. But I’ve pointed that out multiple times and you ignore it like always. You mean like how you tried to act like you were unbiased and thought both Hurney and DG sucked. But we all know now he cut your fav player and that’s really all that matters. 

I judge moves on their merit. You judge moves by who made them. That much is obvious. Find me one post where you defend Gettleman. And if it’s so easy to defend Hurney on Kalils restructure, where were you and all these other Hurney 2.0 defenders at. I come in after 12 pages and only one other poster has it right. Why did I have do that? Are none of you intelligent enough to defend your boy. 

Nobody cares that you defended hurney once, congrats. The magic number is the franchise tag genius 14m and Norman doesn’t go play with the skins what’s so hard to understand? You didn’t give him a grade that’s the point, than you stated in your hypothetical offseason that you did a better job than him....are you this dense ? Lol I have never been label a hurney fanboy like you have by numerous posters lol 

2 hours ago, Toomers said:

Saying I like mine better isn’t giving a specific grade to anything. 

But as I clearly stated. I filled more holes for similar money and left us set up for DL/OL in draft. Right now we have more holes than picks. So yes, I think my scenario would have been better overall. Did I say he did anything wrong? I said every move he made was good. But there is risks. Risks I would take as well. So besides trying to really concentrate on one word to make a point, what is the real issue and what have I posted that doesn’t make sense. 

What word am I concentrating on to make a point? I’m not arguing semantics...you took a “let’s wait and see” approach and then immediately dived into a “these signings would have made a better offseason” while laying out all your alternate moves. What if TD’s play falls off considerably and Shaq has an All-Pro season and has a huge role in a Super Bowl run for us? What if Amos puts up a stinker of a season and Reid has his own All-Pro season?

You can say you’re not explicitly condemning any of Hurney’s moves, but there is clearly implicit criticism when you say “I would have done A, B, C instead of D, E, F”...unless you’re really that nitpicky that you liked all his moves but you still want to give your own slightly “improved” version with all the power of hindsight, meanwhile making plenty of assumptions about players’ intent.

And when you say stuff like “Hurney’s dumb ass gave Gano $9M guaranteed” you’re sort of discrediting your claims of impartiality and objectivity. That’s when it seems like you have a personal vendetta and are gonna come across as a “hater”, when you insert unnecessary attacks like that. If people criticize Gettleman or anyone else and call them a piece of sh&$, moron, dumbass, loser, etc....are you more or less inclined to take them seriously than if they just calmly and objectively lay out their criticisms about him? You’re not exactly doing yourself any favors.

As far as addressing your alternate roster moves: those are fine moves and I would have been happy with those as well. I don’t think yours is considerably better than what Hurney did...just a matter of personal preference. I personally am pretty high on Cockrell as a solid CB so I don’t see the need to add someone like Callahan. Also I’m not sure if you’re saying we should sign Amos to play FS and Boston at SS, or vice versa, but I don’t see Boston as a proven starting caliber safety so I would still argue that would leave us with a hole at one of the safety positions. I am happy with our starting 3 WRs of Moore, Samuel, and Wright, so you arguing that we should sign Conley/Kearse/Matthews over Smith as a depth move seems relatively inconsequential. Smith could still be cut at any time and signed for a receiver like Kearse if that’s something you feel that strongly about. I don’t think people realize how valuable and how much leverage we have in Smith’s $5M non-guaranteed contract during the off-season. You’ve mentioned Gano about a million times in this thread which I’m not sure what that has to do with this offseason, but I find your disdain for Gano to be pretty dramatic and irrational. He had an excellent 2017, followed by what could be considered at worst as a middle-of-the-road 2018 season...but you’re acting like he’s a scrub. I think practically everyone acknowledges that it would have been incredibly advantageous to have Butker over Gano due to the savings, but you seem to be quite down on Gano in general so it seems to be beyond the money for you.

3 hours ago, Toomers said:

Quick question? If I’m such a Hurney hater, why am I the one and only person who defends him every time some blamed him for anything in Kalils contract? Why would I do that? Why would I bash the Kalil signing more than any poster on here, since the second he signed, if Im such a DG apologist? Any of y’all got posts where you praise Gettleman for anything? Ever? Who has the agenda here again. Who’s obsessed? 

If you’re referencing me...I’ve said plenty good about Gettleman. He got us out of cap hell with some smart, cheap FA signings, which was no easy feat...I think most everyone agrees on that. He was a master of the bargain bin shopping which allowed us to field some successful, overachieving rosters. The problem is that this success was not sustainable because of his subpar drafting, so instead of having young talent on 4 or 5 year rookie deals, we had these one or two year FA bandaids that we were constantly shuffling through.

4 hours ago, MasterAwesome said:

What word am I concentrating on to make a point? I’m not arguing semantics...you took a “let’s wait and see” approach and then immediately dived into a “these signings would have made a better offseason” while laying out all your alternate moves. What if TD’s play falls off considerably and Shaq has an All-Pro season and has a huge role in a Super Bowl run for us? What if Amos puts up a stinker of a season and Reid has his own All-Pro season?

You can say you’re not explicitly condemning any of Hurney’s moves, but there is clearly implicit criticism when you say “I would have done A, B, C instead of D, E, F”...unless you’re really that nitpicky that you liked all his moves but you still want to give your own slightly “improved” version with all the power of hindsight, meanwhile making plenty of assumptions about players’ intent.

And when you say stuff like “Hurney’s dumb ass gave Gano $9M guaranteed” you’re sort of discrediting your claims of impartiality and objectivity. That’s when it seems like you have a personal vendetta and are gonna come across as a “hater”, when you insert unnecessary attacks like that. If people criticize Gettleman or anyone else and call them a piece of sh&$, moron, dumbass, loser, etc....are you more or less inclined to take them seriously than if they just calmly and objectively lay out their criticisms about him? You’re not exactly doing yourself any favors.

As far as addressing your alternate roster moves: those are fine moves and I would have been happy with those as well. I don’t think yours is considerably better than what Hurney did...just a matter of personal preference. I personally am pretty high on Cockrell as a solid CB so I don’t see the need to add someone like Callahan. Also I’m not sure if you’re saying we should sign Amos to play FS and Boston at SS, or vice versa, but I don’t see Boston as a proven starting caliber safety so I would still argue that would leave us with a hole at one of the safety positions. I am happy with our starting 3 WRs of Moore, Samuel, and Wright, so you arguing that we should sign Conley/Kearse/Matthews over Smith as a depth move seems relatively inconsequential. Smith could still be cut at any time and signed for a receiver like Kearse if that’s something you feel that strongly about. I don’t think people realize how valuable and how much leverage we have in Smith’s $5M non-guaranteed contract during the off-season. You’ve mentioned Gano about a million times in this thread which I’m not sure what that has to do with this offseason, but I find your disdain for Gano to be pretty dramatic and irrational. He had an excellent 2017, followed by what could be considered at worst as a middle-of-the-road 2018 season...but you’re acting like he’s a scrub. I think practically everyone acknowledges that it would have been incredibly advantageous to have Butker over Gano due to the savings, but you seem to be quite down on Gano in general so it seems to be beyond the money for you.

Grade. I wasn’t grading a “month” or a couple moves. I liked them. Said so. But I was spe civically asked what I would do. So I obliged. And then followed the ridiculous responses from someone who truly didn’t want to her them. You tell me. Are any of the responses anything like yours at all? Just cherry-picking items and being wrong about those. Did I. No I get chastised for bringing up the past and then it was brought up by the person who had an issue. Hard to keep up with changing criteria from post to post. 

I said I filled more holes before the draft. Not that it would be better. Any of that is possible. So is Paradis getting hurt, Williams not recovering, Irvin sucking. So I would be as wrong about those. But me having the guts to show my plan, instead of just saying he sux is evidently wrong somehow. 

When I called Gettleman a dumbass for two years for signing Kalil I guess doesn’t count. I guess the many debates I’ve had with Mr Scot, just like you, mean nothing. Or all the names DGs been called. Was I responding to rational thoughts like yours or someone on tilt with an obvious agenda. 

I disagree on Smith, but have no problem with the feedback. But when Smith is eating 5M in cap space this season, we can revisit this. And if we get a WR better than those to replace him for less. And it’s 100% about the money with Gano. For the exact reason you listed. Nothing Gano does will change those numbers unless Butker flames out. And it’s still a horrible decision. And if Gettleman did it, it would be too. 

I’ve never hid the fact that I think DG was tons better than Hurney. Numbers bear that out. But he made mistakes and I pointed them out repeatedly. Neither one should be hear. I’m sorry if I feel a guy who no team would call for a job is our GM is not good. You say your unbiased but I’ve never seen you do anything but defend Hurney in all posts I’ve read. Would that not be correct? So should I disregard your claim of being unbiased because all you do is defend Hurney. Have I not posted where I was defending Hurney? Yes. Don’t see anyone else posting theirs

4 hours ago, MasterAwesome said:

If you’re referencing me...I’ve said plenty good about Gettleman. He got us out of cap hell with some smart, cheap FA signings, which was no easy feat...I think most everyone agrees on that. He was a master of the bargain bin shopping which allowed us to field some successful, overachieving rosters. The problem is that this success was not sustainable because of his subpar drafting, so instead of having young talent on 4 or 5 year rookie deals, we had these one or two year FA bandaids that we were constantly shuffling through.

I’m addressing anyone who thinks they are unbiased and disregard any comment I make as a Hurney Hater. 

He made mistakes and had his best draft in 2017. We have no idea what was sustainable because he was fired for a much inferior candidate. 

So what makes your stance any different than mine. You give credit and blame for both. I think Gettleman was a lot better. Obviously you don’t. Anything I’m not backing up with facts here? 

3 minutes ago, Cpt slay a ho said:

Dude somebody mentioned how much a failure Matt Kalil contract was and you went straight into defense mode bringing up Godfrey, beason, Cj ect guys that aren’t even in the leauge anymore than you try and play victim......El oh El 

Mentioned as a reason he can’t do his job but it seems someone did it with many more than just one or two bad contracts. Why can’t Hurney do what DG did under worse conditions. 

57 minutes ago, Toomers said:

Mentioned as a reason he can’t do his job but it seems someone did it with many more than just one or two bad contracts. Why can’t Hurney do what DG did under worse conditions. 

Read the thread title, how is that argument relavant to what’s being discussed in here ? Matt Kalil is relavant to this offseason, beason, Cj, d will ect are not yet you brought them up

2 hours ago, Cpt slay a ho said:

Read the thread title, how is that argument relavant to what’s being discussed in here ? Matt Kalil is relavant to this offseason, beason, Cj, d will ect are not yet you brought them up

And read the post I responded to. I disagreed with the statement and showed why in great detail. 

Then when you asked me what I would do differently, you attempt to pick it apart using players that have been gone for 5 years. Would you like to explain how that’s not the height of hypocrisy. I played by your rules and you changed. Like always. And you lack any knowledge to dispute my factual claims or any moves I suggested. All because someone cut your luvee 5 years ago. 

Archived