• Welcome!

Register and log in easily with Twitter or Google accounts!

Or simply create a new Huddle account. 

Members receive fewer ads , access our dark theme, and the ability to join the discussion!

What grade would you give Marty Hurney for March?

Jeremy Igo

On 3/31/2019 at 9:35 AM, Jeremy Igo said:

Yes, we all know we won't know until the season. But put on your prognostication pants.

In March, Marty Hurney...

- Shored up the tackle position

- Signed a stud center to replace Kalil

- Signed a vet edge rusher 

- Let Matt Kalil walk

Am I missing anything of importance? 

How would you grade it?

Personally, I give is an A. He has set himself up nicely for the draft and not having to reach for anyone which he will do anyways in round 3.

He didn't re-sign Charles Johnson to a $90 mm contract. I'm good. A+

4 hours ago, Toomers said:

One of those three WRs. It doesn’t take three WRs(or much of one) to replace. That’s a sad attempt at best. 

And Gano’s contract costs is 3.5M/year. Is that only a big deal if Gettleman did it? You keep bringing up cap space but only certain salaries matter. How’s that work. 

And the difference between 5M and 3M is 2M you complete moron. Big difference in 50M and 14M Norman was dealing with. And Norman had his chance to sign but didn’t. And made his comments AFTER signing his new deal. Davis never had that chance. 

And I wanted Paradis months ago. So if you would stop and read once in awhile, I said it was a good move. Same with Williams. And Irvin was fine too as I stated. All in the post you’re still reacting to. 

But once again you hop around and get confused about what you’re trying to deflect away from next. Why are we still discussing old moves after you chastised anyone who dare mention anything from the past. Keep spinning those wheels. You’re just embarrassing yourself now. 

Someone can’t do math, it’s ok just load up your franchise mode in Madden bucko. Turn injuries off to while at it, make hot dogs .50 cent as well, hell go all in roller coaster Tycoon style. You keep crying about the contract, so what would you release him and eat the cap, a lot of roster turnover from a dg disciple, 14m was his franchise tag brainiac, I like how you compared that to his full contract nice try there. Speaking of dg, aka sign a guy to a big contract than trade him the following year while eating dead cap, than signing a slot guy to big money and keeping the same washed qb, while ownership publicly doesn’t back his football decisions, I know dg fanboys are in there feelings worldwide nowadays,all 4 of you that is.

10 minutes ago, Cpt slay a ho said:

Someone can’t do math, it’s ok just load up your franchise mode in Madden bucko. Turn injuries off to while at it, make hot dogs .50 cent as well, hell go all in roller coaster Tycoon style. You keep crying about the contract, so what would you release him and eat the cap, a lot of roster turnover from a dg disciple, 14m was his franchise tag brainiac, I like how you compared that to his full contract nice try there. Speaking of dg, aka sign a guy to a big contract than trade him the following year while eating dead cap, than signing a slot guy to big money and keeping the same washed qb, while ownership publicly doesn’t back his football decisions, I know dg fanboys are in there feelings worldwide nowadays,all 4 of you that is.

Ok, I don’t know if you’re drunk or high or did Mom not make your meatloaf. What is the Madden crap. If you have problems with any of the numbers of any of the moves I made, maybe you could be a little specific instead of speaking in jibberish. 

Who are you talking about cutting? WTF is any of that? Have we officially reached the point where you are just throwing poo at the wall and hoping something sticks. 

If it’s Josh Norman it’s pretty simple you absolute simpleton. Josh has a tag with 14M guaranteed from us. He got 36M MORE GUARANTEED BEFORE HE TOOK ANOTHER SNAP. That’s 36M more and exactly what Josh and every NFL player wants. So what idiocy are you banking about.

And the comical parrt is, Are seriously bringing up moves made for another team In the same thread you chastised people for bringing up moves made by a current GM for this team. How does that work. We can use moves that were made two years after DG is gone, for another team, but can’t use anything Hurney. Yep. We are at the point you have gone full ignorance. 

See, I don’t know or care what Gettleman is doing . If people didn’t bring him up with his current moves, I wouldn’t know. But you, and all the other butthurt fans that the GM of the best period in team history cut their luvee player. Those are the people going to other teams bOards telling them how bad DG is and coming back here and bragging about it. Now who’s obsessed here. That’s alsmost as sad as you living at home and pushing 30.

1 hour ago, Toomers said:

Ok, I don’t know if you’re drunk or high or did Mom not make your meatloaf. What is the Madden crap. If you have problems with any of the numbers of any of the moves I made, maybe you could be a little specific instead of speaking in jibberish. 

Who are you talking about cutting? WTF is any of that? Have we officially reached the point where you are just throwing poo at the wall and hoping something sticks. 

If it’s Josh Norman it’s pretty simple you absolute simpleton. Josh has a tag with 14M guaranteed from us. He got 36M MORE GUARANTEED BEFORE HE TOOK ANOTHER SNAP. That’s 36M more and exactly what Josh and every NFL player wants. So what idiocy are you banking about.

And the comical parrt is, Are seriously bringing up moves made for another team In the same thread you chastised people for bringing up moves made by a current GM for this team. How does that work. We can use moves that were made two years after DG is gone, for another team, but can’t use anything Hurney. Yep. We are at the point you have gone full ignorance. 

See, I don’t know or care what Gettleman is doing . If people didn’t bring him up with his current moves, I wouldn’t know. But you, and all the other butthurt fans that the GM of the best period in team history cut their luvee player. Those are the people going to other teams bOards telling them how bad DG is and coming back here and bragging about it. Now who’s obsessed here. That’s alsmost as sad as you living at home and pushing 30.

You need to get out of the house more bub.

Given I have no idea about the health status of either Paradis or Williams and given they in some form passed a "physical". 

I give Herniay ............ solid A

Still can't believe he's back and still want him gone.

But this value Herniay 2.0 destroys Vast over-pay Herniay 1.0. Each contract was a very good bargain, under the radar, and NO leaks. Props 2.0

2 hours ago, Toomers said:

Go get some fresh air champ, easy to flip the argument for Norman and talk about guaranteed money instead his yearly salary, I assume pk you mean place kicker and are referring to gano, are you gonna keep bitching about gano or do you suggest we cut him, don’t answer that I ain’t got time to sword fight with dg’s Finest swordsman of honor. You original brought up Godfrey in a thread about how hurney he done this offseason than frolicking around like you don’t have a shrine of dg in the closet like helga from hey Arnold. I’m glad we don’t have a gm who’s going to back the brinks truck up for a player and than trade him the following year.......giants are a dumpster fire glad we’re no where near that 

1 hour ago, Cpt slay a ho said:

Go get some fresh air champ, easy to flip the argument for Norman and talk about guaranteed money instead his yearly salary, I assume pk you mean place kicker and are referring to gano, are you gonna keep bitching about gano or do you suggest we cut him, don’t answer that I ain’t got time to sword fight with dg’s Finest swordsman of honor. You original brought up Godfrey in a thread about how hurney he done this offseason than frolicking around like you don’t have a shrine of dg in the closet like helga from hey Arnold. I’m glad we don’t have a gm who’s going to back the brinks truck up for a player and than trade him the following year.......giants are a dumpster fire glad we’re no where near that 

Because Norman or any other player cares about anything but guaranteed money. That’s day one stuff. Are you really trying to argue that players care more about yearly salary that they already have a large portion of in their pocket. That’s a reach on an epic level. 

I brought up Godfrey and many, many others. Funny how you, and others try to concentrate on one of the smaller ones. What about all the other? Beason, 2 RBs, CJ, Smith. Not going to touch those are you. Just deflect. 

You can’t cut Gano because Hurneys dumb ass gave him 9M guaranteed. That’s why. Spit and polish that Smitty poster. And have your Mom wash the sock. And once again, the hypocrisy you show in what you want to include is hilarious. What can we talk about now. What happened to my math problems. Why aren’t we discussing Hurney now. Don’t understand the hypocrite that says one thing and does the opposite. But you keep trying.....maybe you could get off TILT and make a rational post with actual facts. There’s a first time for everything. 

3 hours ago, TheRed said:

You need to get out of the house more bub.

Into your narrow little window of a world. No thanks. I’ll take being successful and happy. Not blame everyone and everything for any problems I have. 

And if you want to factually discuss anything I’ve posted, feel free. But that would involve actual thought.   

12 minutes ago, Toomers said:

Because Norman or any other player cares about anything but guaranteed money. That’s day one stuff. Are you really trying to argue that players care more about yearly salary that they already have a large portion of in their pocket. That’s a reach on an epic level. 

I brought up Godfrey and many, many others. Funny how you, and others try to concentrate on one of the smaller ones. What about all the other? Beason, 2 RBs, CJ, Smith. Not going to touch those are you. Just deflect. 

You can’t cut Gano because Hurneys dumb ass gave him 9M guaranteed. That’s why. Spit and polish that Smitty poster. And have your Mom wash the sock. And once again, the hypocrisy you show in what you want to include is hilarious. What can we talk about now. What happened to my math problems. Why aren’t we discussing Hurney now. Don’t understand the hypocrite that says one thing and does the opposite. But you keep trying.....maybe you could get off TILT and make a rational post with actual facts. There’s a first time for everything. 

Dude says players care about guaranteed money more but he thinks td would have signed for less here.....you can’t make this up.

if we can’t cut gano than why are you still bitching about it. Yes expose yourself more because Beason, Stewart, Williams all have some kind of impact on how this offseason went....dude you’re getting called out left and right by posters give it up 

On 4/1/2019 at 9:14 PM, Toomers said:

Just like the Hurney defenders needing validation with every move. What did I say that was false. Or are you just going to make it up as you go along again. 

I’ll give my grade at the end of the year when the results matter, not in April when everything looks good on paper. 

10 hours ago, Toomers said:

Were talking 1-2M tops between Davis current deal and what we would pay him. Norman got 36M extra guaranteed before he took a snap. Not even close to the same. But again, bring up old moves that you specifically said this thread wasn’t about. So I talk all current moves, and you have to do what you chastised others for doing. Nice job there kiddo. 

I didn’t sign Reid. Amos is only averaging 1.5 more. Smith and Searcy are gone. There’s Callahan’s money there. I cut Shaq so I had 6M extra to spend also. Maybe you should step back and look before you step on your dick again.

This is also where the extra 3.5M we pay for a subpar PK every year comes into play. You know. That money that’s “not a big deal” according to you. 

Anything else you need to learn today. See  I don’t make it up as I go along. If I disagree with something I have an alternate plan. You just flail at anything and change rules to fit your obvious agenda. Are you just pissed that it was better than Marty’s.or that you can’t comprehend it. 

You changed your tune pretty quick there...are you comfortable judging off-season moves in April or not? You advocate waiting to judge Hurney’s moves until the end of the year but are declaring your hypothetical offseason superior to his? Do you see how that’s contradictory?

1 minute ago, Cpt slay a ho said:

Dude says players care about guaranteed money more but he thinks td would have signed for less here.....you can’t make this up.

if we can’t cut gano than why are you still bitching about it. Yes expose yourself more because Beason, Stewart, Williams all have some kind of impact on how this offseason went....dude you’re getting called out left and right by posters give it up 

He would have gotten 3+ on a one year deal. Why would it not be guaranteed. And you keep comparing 2M to 36M. How freaking stupid are you? These are as far apart as situations get. You’re right. I couldn’t make this up. Because I can’t fathom anyone being ignorant enough to compare these two situations. But as usual, make it up as you go along. 

If you’re interested in what others think, ask anyone here what players value most and if the Norman and Davis situations are even remotely the same. I’m game. 

So now we can’t even bring up that the overpaid PK, that Hurney signed, can’t be cut because of Hurneys incompetence. What could be more relevant than that. Have you really went there. And you think a person as sad as you is “posters calling me out”, you need to come out of the basement more often. Many agenda driven posters have problems with facts on here. like you do. Avoid what makes you look bad, and ramble about something that doesn’t make sense. Then change the standards from post to post. 

Again what happened to the cap and math accusations. With multiple claims I still haven’t seen anything that wasn’t legit. Just you defending the guy who didn’t cut your man-crush. 

8 minutes ago, MasterAwesome said:

You changed your tune pretty quick there...are you comfortable judging off-season moves in April or not? You advocate waiting to judge Hurney’s moves until the end of the year but are declaring your hypothetical offseason superior to his? Do you see how that’s contradictory?

Saying I like mine better isn’t giving a specific grade to anything. 

But as I clearly stated. I filled more holes for similar money and left us set up for DL/OL in draft. Right now we have more holes than picks. So yes, I think my scenario would have been better overall. Did I say he did anything wrong? I said every move he made was good. But there is risks. Risks I would take as well. So besides trying to really concentrate on one word to make a point, what is the real issue and what have I posted that doesn’t make sense. 

Archived