• Welcome!

Register and log in easily with Twitter or Google accounts!

Or simply create a new Huddle account. 

Members receive fewer ads , access our dark theme, and the ability to join the discussion!

What grade would you give Marty Hurney for March?

Jeremy Igo

39 minutes ago, Toomers said:

TD would have easily took less to stay. And TD fills that spot for a 1/3 of the price.  Common sense. Is that the best you can do? Yes, if I can get similar value, for half or a 1/3 of the price, I would always do that in my businesses. 

I guess common sense business practices are used when changing the price tags at Walmart. But maybe one day you will understand. 

Short sighted, easy to say td would sign for your imaginary number. I’ll be keeping an eye on the players you listed, you better hope they don’t bomb mr perfect gm. Trying to be overly cheap is how you get Jason avants, nakumura’s, ect. 

Its funny a guy who defended releasing smith while saving nickels, is trying justify keep td on the roster at an older age for nickels 

50 minutes ago, Toomers said:

TD would have easily took less to stay. And TD fills that spot for a 1/3 of the price.  Common sense. Is that the best you can do? Yes, if I can get similar value, for half or a 1/3 of the price, I would always do that in my businesses. 

I guess common sense business practices are used when changing the price tags at Walmart. But maybe one day you will understand. 

Damn, I didn't know TD's conscious posts on the huddle.

1 hour ago, Cpt slay a ho said:

I guess salary cap is turned off in Madden too, how are you going to sign players for less than what they got in real life? TD got a 2 year 10.5 million deal. Plus by cutting shaq you open up the need for Lb. these are hindsight moves with no consideration for the amount of cap space we have. I’m glad you run your chain of ice machine business instead of our front office 

Don't mind these Huddle GMs.

3 minutes ago, Cpt slay a ho said:

Short sighted, easy to say td would sign for your imaginary number. I’ll be keeping an eye on the players you listed, you better hope they don’t bomb mr perfect gm. Trying to be overly cheap is how you get Jason avants, nakumura’s, ect. 

Its funny a guy who defended releasing smith while saving nickels, is trying justify keep td on the roster at an older age for nickels 

https://www.google.com/amp/s/247sports.com/nfl/carolina-panthers/Article/Thomas-Davis-2019-plans-legacy-127112426/Amp/

This, and many other articles express how much Davis wanted to finish his career here. So to think he would play for the same 3M he played for in 2018 is completely reasonable. 

Thomas Davis is still effective. And a franchise legend. Torrey Smith is an aging, injured, declining WR with THE worst hands in the NFL. 

Keep watching. You might learn something. But for now you are really struggling with just what I posted here. What are you reaching for next. You need to make this a little harder. It’s like pistol-whipping a bling kid at this point.

11 minutes ago, Car123 said:

Damn, I didn't know TD's conscious posts on the huddle.

Because he would never play for the same amount he did in 2018? Right? Not to mention the countless statements from Davis wanting to stay? One posted below. So instead of your half-sentence blurbs, you have anything worth discussing or just your usual incompetence as you just showed with this post. 

2 minutes ago, Toomers said:

https://www.google.com/amp/s/247sports.com/nfl/carolina-panthers/Article/Thomas-Davis-2019-plans-legacy-127112426/Amp/

This, and many other articles express how much Davis wanted to finish his career here. So to think he would play for the same 3M he played for in 2018 is completely reasonable. 

Thomas Davis is still effective. And a franchise legend. Torrey Smith is an aging, injured, declining WR with THE worst hands in the NFL. 

Keep watching. You might learn something. But for now you are really struggling with just what I posted here. What are you reaching for next. You need to make this a little harder. It’s like pistol-whipping a bling kid at this point.

Franchise legend, sounds eerie similar to Steve Smith. Love td but it’s time to see what shaq is about, you know our first round pick who played sparingly on a rookie contract until his 5 yr.....yeah so it would be abosoulety genius to keep td and have shaq just waste away in his limited role. 

Can’t say cutting Smith was the right move than turn around and say keeping td is 

12 minutes ago, Toomers said:

Because he would never play for the same amount he did in 2018? Right? Not to mention the countless statements from Davis wanting to stay? One posted below. So instead of your half-sentence blurbs, you have anything worth discussing or just your usual incompetence as you just showed with this post. 

Because he didn’t sign with the chargers for the same amount, how can you say this statement when the dude signed for more than he got paid in 2018 

Just now, Cpt slay a ho said:

Franchise legend, sounds eerie similar to Steve Smith. Love td but it’s time to see what shaq is about, you know our first round pick who played sparingly on a rookie contract until his 5 yr.....yeah so it would be abosoulety genius to keep td and have shaq just waste away in his limited role. 

Can’t say cutting Smith was the right move than turn around and say keeping td is 

I don’t pay a player 9M to find out what he’s about after 4 seasons. Shaq would be gone. We save 6M for similar play. What part of that do you not understand. What happened to TD wouldn’t play for that? 

When your luvee played for 3M in one season and wanted to come back for similar money, we can talk. But we all know he selfish, combative and disruptive self would never have considered that. So another reach in an apples to oranges scenario. 

And wasn’t you who claimed we were only discussing the team NOW. And to not bring up anything that doesn’t affect the current team. I guess you will just make it up as you go along as usual. Getting sadder by the word.

1 minute ago, Cpt slay a ho said:

Because he didn’t sign with the chargers for the same amount, how can you say this statement when the dude signed for more than he got paid in 2018 

How many articles do I need to post of TD saying he wanted to finish his career as a Panther. Or do we just ignore his exact words for your agenda. We offer him the same money and he signs. But they chose Shaq. At 3X the price. Both one year deals. 

8 minutes ago, Toomers said:

I don’t pay a player 9M to find out what he’s about after 4 seasons. Shaq would be gone. We save 6M for similar play. What part of that do you not understand. What happened to TD wouldn’t play for that? 

When your luvee played for 3M in one season and wanted to come back for similar money, we can talk. But we all know he selfish, combative and disruptive self would never have considered that. So another reach in an apples to oranges scenario. 

And wasn’t you who claimed we were only discussing the team NOW. And to not bring up anything that doesn’t affect the current team. I guess you will just make it up as you go along as usual. Getting sadder by the word.

I didn’t bring up Godfrey, I called you out on your hypocrisy. Norman said he’d sign for less to, how’d that end. I know we can live in make believe land and make up numbers players would sign for but that’s not how it works chief. Still trying to figure out how guys like Amos, Callahan get signed in your hypothetical offseason with the amount of cap we have, I’m sure the extra 8-9 mil could have sign the 5 extra players you’ve listed 

20 minutes ago, Cpt slay a ho said:

I didn’t bring up Godfrey, I called you out on your hypocrisy. Norman said he’d sign for less to, how’d that end. I know we can live in make believe land and make up numbers players would sign for but that’s not how it works chief. Still trying to figure out how guys like Amos, Callahan get signed in your hypothetical offseason with the amount of cap we have, I’m sure the extra 8-9 mil could have sign the 5 extra players you’ve listed 

Were talking 1-2M tops between Davis current deal and what we would pay him. Norman got 36M extra guaranteed before he took a snap. Not even close to the same. But again, bring up old moves that you specifically said this thread wasn’t about. So I talk all current moves, and you have to do what you chastised others for doing. Nice job there kiddo. 

I didn’t sign Reid. Amos is only averaging 1.5 more. Smith and Searcy are gone. There’s Callahan’s money there. I cut Shaq so I had 6M extra to spend also. Maybe you should step back and look before you step on your dick again.

This is also where the extra 3.5M we pay for a subpar PK every year comes into play. You know. That money that’s “not a big deal” according to you. 

Anything else you need to learn today. See  I don’t make it up as I go along. If I disagree with something I have an alternate plan. You just flail at anything and change rules to fit your obvious agenda. Are you just pissed that it was better than Marty’s.or that you can’t comprehend it. 

16 minutes ago, Toomers said:

Were talking 1-2M tops between Davis current deal and what we would pay him. Norman got 36M extra guaranteed before he took a snap. Not even close to the same. But again, bring up old moves that you specifically said this thread wasn’t about. So I talk all current moves, and you have to do what you chastised others for doing. Nice job there kiddo. 

I didn’t sign Reid. Amos is only averaging 1.5 more. Smith and Searcy are gone. There’s Callahan’s money there. I cut Shaq so I had 6M extra to spend also. Maybe you should step back and look before you step on your dick again.

This is also where the extra 3.5M we pay for a subpar PK every year comes into play. You know. That money that’s “not a big deal” according to you. 

Anything else you need to learn today. See  I don’t make it up as I go along. If I disagree with something I have an alternate plan. You just flail at anything and change rules to fit your obvious agenda. Are you just pissed that it was better than Marty’s.or that you can’t comprehend it. 

You’re still crying about gano contract, and you listed 3 wrs you’d sign also, again captain no cap management. Td hypothetical cap number keeps getting lower and lower, let me guess you smooth talk td into playing for free. So are we not signing paradis or Williams either ? Irvin? 

6 minutes ago, Cpt slay a ho said:

You’re still crying about gano contract, and you listed 3 wrs you’d sign also, again captain no cap management. Td hypothetical cap number keeps getting lower and lower, let me guess you smooth talk td into playing for free. So are we not signing paradis or Williams either ? Irvin? 

One of those three WRs. It doesn’t take three WRs(or much of one) to replace. That’s a sad attempt at best. 

And Gano’s contract costs is 3.5M/year. Is that only a big deal if Gettleman did it? You keep bringing up cap space but only certain salaries matter. How’s that work. 

And the difference between 5M and 3M is 2M you complete moron. Big difference in 50M and 14M Norman was dealing with. And Norman had his chance to sign but didn’t. And made his comments AFTER signing his new deal. Davis never had that chance. 

And I wanted Paradis months ago. So if you would stop and read once in awhile, I said it was a good move. Same with Williams. And Irvin was fine too as I stated. All in the post you’re still reacting to. 

But once again you hop around and get confused about what you’re trying to deflect away from next. Why are we still discussing old moves after you chastised anyone who dare mention anything from the past. Keep spinning those wheels. You’re just embarrassing yourself now. 

Archived