• Welcome!

Register and log in easily with Twitter or Google accounts!

Or simply create a new Huddle account. 

Members receive fewer ads , access our dark theme, and the ability to join the discussion!

What grade would you give Marty Hurney for March?

Jeremy Igo

12 minutes ago, TheCasillas said:

so this is the gm's fault?

If you can depend on a good employee, then you depend on that employee.

So if Kuechly has a bad year, is it Hurney's fault?

what does luke have to do with this? this is about the performance of an offensive line as a unit. there’s very little insurance in that area. if luke has a bad year, well that sucks, but i’m not sure how that’s supposed to affect cam. if the offensive line has a bad year, cam is going to get hurt again.

so is it the GM’s fault if he doesn’t shore up the offensive line so our QB can stay upright? i feel like i would be getting a different overall sentiment about this if it were 5 years ago.

He's done very well considering how limited we are in terms of the cap. 

Let's see how the draft and the remainder of our signings go but so far I'd give him an A

If for nothing else getting Paradis and not re-signing Daryl Williams to a monster contract earns him that. 

16 minutes ago, frash.exe said:

what does luke have to do with this? this is about the performance of an offensive line as a unit. there’s very little insurance in that area. if luke has a bad year, well that sucks, but i’m not sure how that’s supposed to affect cam. if the offensive line has a bad year, cam is going to get hurt again.

so is it the GM’s fault if he doesn’t shore up the offensive line so our QB can stay upright? i feel like i would be getting a different overall sentiment about this if it were 5 years ago.

Dude, if Hurney threw away a 50 million dollar contract to one of the worst offensive linemen in the NFL whom we had to pay just to get him to finally leave, you would be going absolutely bonkers.

1 hour ago, TheRed said:

Dude, if Hurney threw away a 50 million dollar contract to one of the worst offensive linemen in the NFL whom we had to pay just to get him to finally leave, you would be going absolutely bonkers.

You mean like Gettleman had to do, with many contracts and players just to field a team when he took over. 

Matt Kalil

vs

Beason- almost same numbers with 13.3M in dead cap. That equals Kalil alone almost

DW- 6.6M And 3 subpar seasons. 

JStew- why was this signed when no other team would sign one. After a ton of restructuring, we could finally move on. 

Godfrey-3.4M

Smith-10M

Gano-9M guaranteed and he’s back to useless. 

Poe- complete waste

And the big one. We had to use 20M in cap space in 2015 on CJ who was worth about 5M(at best) by then. Just so we could lose 4M more in 2016 to get rid of him. So that’s 24M for 5M of value. How is that not as bad if not worse than Kalil. 

We spend an extra 3.5/yr for a K but it’s no big deal. 

We are carrying 5M 4th WR. Doesn’t sound like we need money for anything. 

That’s an impressive list. But hey....doesn’t count because of Matt Kalil.

4 hours ago, pantherclaw said:

Well, you're knocking Hurney for Smith, in a thread about this past March. 

Smith has been on the roster since last year, and he had 2 years left of that contract. 

Common sense said to anyone that can read it/hear it, that Smith was still going to be a Panther this season. And not just a bench warmer either. 

would you play a washed up smith over Samuel and Moore? 

No Way!!

That $5m could have gone to some other position of need. our WRs are set and full of potential between Samuel, Moore, and Wright.  

I didnt give him an F

14 minutes ago, Toomers said:

You mean like Gettleman had to do, with many contracts and players just to field a team when he took over. 

Matt Kalil

vs

Beason- almost same numbers with 13.3M in dead cap. That equals Kalil alone almost

DW- 6.6M And 3 subpar seasons. 

JStew- why was this signed when no other team would sign one. After a ton of restructuring, we could finally move on. 

Godfrey-3.4M

Smith-10M

Gano-9M guaranteed and he’s back to useless. 

Poe- complete waste

And the big one. We had to use 20M in cap space in 2015 on CJ who was worth about 5M(at best) by then. Just so we could lose 4M more in 2016 to get rid of him. So that’s 24M for 5M of value. How is that not as bad if not worse than Kalil. 

We spend an extra 3.5/yr for a K but it’s no big deal. 

We are carrying 5M 4th WR. Doesn’t sound like we need money for anything. 

That’s an impressive list. But hey....doesn’t count because of Matt Kalil.

not to mention gettleman’s track record with drafting successful offensive lineman and bringing in norwell.

but i’m sure this will all get overlooked by thered bc he basically lives off relative privation when it comes to discussing general managers. hurney can fail to build a respectable offensive line and still somehow manage to keep his job for the next ten years and thered would still be bringing up matt kalil well into the late 2020s. basically the main reason i gave up on the dude and put him on ignore lol.

If you're relegated to bringing up long gone players like Charles Godfrey in 2019 while Matt Kalil is eating a chunk of our salary cap to be awful for someone else, you are never going to be convinced otherwise. But do you I guess.

4 minutes ago, TheRed said:

If you're relegated to bringing up long gone players like Charles Godfrey in 2019 while Matt Kalil is eating a chunk of our salary cap to be awful for someone else, you are never going to be convinced otherwise. But do you I guess.

What did the 4.9M cost us this year? If it was that important, Smith and Searcy would be gone. There’s 7M. But it’s ok to waste money on PK and WR4s and useless DTs and guaranteed money to a player with one foot out the door and the other constantly broken. 

Sure.

Disregard all facts and make light of the smallest mistake. Typical. 

I can see why you don’t want to convince anyone with FACTS like that staring you down. 

1 hour ago, Cpt slay a ho said:

I see the dg ginyu force is out in full effect after a 2 week hiatus 

Just like the Hurney defenders needing validation with every move. What did I say that was false. Or are you just going to make it up as you go along again. 

I’ll give my grade at the end of the year when the results matter, not in April when everything looks good on paper. 

Archived