• Welcome!

Register and log in easily with Twitter or Google accounts!

Or simply create a new Huddle account. 

Members receive fewer ads , access our dark theme, and the ability to join the discussion!

What grade would you give Marty Hurney for March?

Jeremy Igo

let’s see

we have no backup plan in case cam’s shoulder flares up and he can’t throw again down the stretch

we still don’t know what greg is doing. is he joining the booth in fox/espn or is he playing with us? there’s nothing behind him but a career developmental project.

we need more pass rushers. the hole at FS is still concerning. there’s little depth at cornerback. the success of the offensive line so far hinges on two guys coming back 100% from injury and everybody else meeting or exceeding their performance from last year.

24 minutes ago, black-panthers said:

There were. Earl and Mathieu. Fug the money. We needed a FS

So we don't get a center or resign williams.  But we get Mathieu.  And then you are here complaining that nothing was done for our oline.

Its like people expected Hurney to sign 10 starters with a 10-15 million dollar budget.

1 hour ago, frash.exe said:

let’s see

we have no backup plan in case cam’s shoulder flares up and he can’t throw again down the stretch

we still don’t know what greg is doing. is he joining the booth in fox/espn or is he playing with us? there’s nothing behind him but a career developmental project.

we need more pass rushers. the hole at FS is still concerning. there’s little depth at cornerback. the success of the offensive line so far hinges on two guys coming back 100% from injury and everybody else meeting or exceeding their performance from last year.

Like him or not Allen lit up the Saints with no starting experience when the Saints had most of their defensive starters in. It proves this offense is very quarterback friendly which bodes well for whoever starts. At this point we have our backup in Thomas if Greg doesn't play even though he said he was. Thomas can start or play number 2 TE. We are going to get more edge rushers in the draft and likely will add a few more. Hurney said we are on 50% done in free agency. Even then guys like Obada and Cox are our backups and ready to contribute. We do have depth at cornerback with Seymour , Cockrell, Does and Elder already on the roster. Free safety is a need and we will draft at least 1 and pick up another in free agency.

It is the end of March. Of course there are still some question marks and holes. Still we are pretty solid at this point and ready for the draft.

1 hour ago, black-panthers said:

U draft Bradburry at 16 or trade down and take him. If not you take the next best OC in the 2nd. Duhh

Yeah because Hurney has always drafted all pro players in the 2nd round.  Never rely on the draft for starters if you don't have to.

6 hours ago, Mr. Scot said:

I'm not big on grades (especially at this time of year) but I have thoughts.

Agreed with the decision to let Thomas Davis go. I know a lot of people didn't.

Agreed with dumping of Matt Kalil and Captain Munnerlyn. Doubt anybody disagreed on those.

Like the signing of Matt Paradis and the re-signing of Darryl Williams. 

Concerns?

I do worry a little that we seem to have a lot of important people who are either older or recently injured. Those are the kinds of things that can come back to bite you in the latter half of the season.

The cap, obviously. Whatever "the plan" is, for the love of all that's holy, please don't start restructuring and kicking the can down the road again.

On that topic, I know a lot of people still want to defend the Torrey Smith decision, but five million for a guy who is your 6th or 7th receiving option is just dumb.

Still concerned about three crucial backups, quarterback and runningback being the obvious ones. The other I haven't seen talked about much. I'm desperately hoping for somebody to tell me that we're not going into next season without "insurance" for Graham Gano again. 

Two of those three spots are needs because our leadership did something stupid in the past. They have a penchant for that, which also makes me cringe.

Bottom Line: I've said it before. We really really need to nail this draft.

That a big assumption. The coaching staff certainly expects more out of Smith, and the rest of huddle. 

Archived