• Welcome!

Register and log in easily with Twitter or Google accounts!

Or simply create a new Huddle account. 

Members receive fewer ads , access our dark theme, and the ability to join the discussion!

Burns looking more and more likley

Jeremy Igo

2 hours ago, Jeremy Igo said:

From this link , media interview with Marty Hurney

Q. How much will signing defensive end/outside linebacker Bruce Irvin help as this team plays more multiple fronts?

A. Position flexibility is critical on both sides. As far as the offensive line, I think all of the good offensive line coaches I’ve been around (say) most players have two positions ... Defensive line is the same way, especially if you’re going to go to multiple fronts like we are.

Sure does sound like Burns. Pair it with the latest news from JJ that the Panthers have had the most interest and it is getting to be more a probably than a maybe. 

Lol...he may be the pick but this doesn't suggest it's more likely...

I think Burns might be there.  I  am guessing there will be 3 QBs taken before we pick--maybe 4. Murray to Cards, Jones to Raiders, Lock and Haskins are possible.  (Reliving that beat down we put on the Saints week  17 right now. Awesome win!

You know Williams (DT), Bosa (DE), Allen (edge), White (LB), and Oliver (DT) will probably be gone by 16.

Remove 8 spots.

That Leaves the MHS Big Board Looking like this right here:

1. Sweat (edge)
  2. Burns (edge)'
  3. Williams (CB)
  4. Gary (3/5 tech)
  5. Williams (T)
  6. Ford (G/T)
  7. Taylor (T)
  8. Wilkins (DT)
  9. Ferrell (DE)

1 minute ago, stbugs said:

Guys, pump the breaks. There will only be 15 players selected before we pick at 16. I guarantee it. I can’t even recall seeing Burns top 10 in any mocks so acting like he can’t be there at 16 is crazy. GB and Detroit signed 3 edge rushers and they were among the guys we worried about with Sweat.

This happens every year. Look at the Savage thread. He’s been ranked as a 3rd rounder almost everywhere you look and we have pick 14 in the 3rd. All of a sudden he’s guaranteed to be gone and we have to use pick 47? It’s almost as if people watch those highlights and fall in love and assume they go way earlier as if there will be 50 first rounders.

I have read that most teams have a second round grade on Burns. However, those same teams only have 14-16 first round grades on players. Thus, Burns will likely go in the first but be there at 16. A key will be the number of QBs drafted before pick 16. There is a strong likelihood that a player with a first round grade will fall to the Panthers if teams go QB crazy.

Archived