• Welcome!

Register and log in easily with Twitter or Google accounts!

Or simply create a new Huddle account. 

Members receive fewer ads , access our dark theme, and the ability to join the discussion!

Gaulden to Nickel? Rivera says yeah maybe.

Jeremy Igo

1 minute ago, frash.exe said:

it almost sounds like we drafted a guy who doesn’t have a practical skill set that can be used at a real position of value

almost

Very possible. But we already have a 3rd round pick invested in the guy and he was a very good nickelback in college. Our evaluation said FS in the NFL but that doesn't mean we were right in that evaluation. Might as well give the guy a shot at the position where he's most comfortable before tossing him out as a wasted pick. It'd be a shame not to since we have a hole at nickelback as well.

5 minutes ago, LinvilleGorge said:

Very possible. But we already have a 3rd round pick invested in the guy and he was a very good nickelback in college. Our evaluation said FS in the NFL but that doesn't mean we were right in that evaluation. Might as well give the guy a shot at the position where he's most comfortable before tossing him out as a wasted pick. It'd be a shame not to since we have a hole at nickelback as well.

sure

but i’m very wary of the current leadership’s track record when it comes to trying to force draft picks to happen. gaulden just doesn’t look like he has the chops from what i’ve seen. sometimes a bad decision is a bad decision, and it’s better to admit that and move on sooner rather than later. it’s only a third round pick.

17 minutes ago, My Goodness My Guinness said:

Gaulden seemed like a wasted pick at the time of the draft and still looks that way. He's not very athletic and looked lost last season, so...not sure why that warranted a 3rd round pick...

Armanti edwards award

2 minutes ago, Mr. Scot said:

Haven't we tried moving a bad player to a different position to try and save him enough already?

Why not though? What's the risk? There is none. What's the potential reward? Maybe he's a good nickel just like he was in college. Playing him at the nickel wouldn't really be "moving" him. We tried moving him last year. Playing him at the nickel would be playing him where hes most comfortable. It's a no brainer IMO. That doesn't mean it will work, but there's no reason not to try it.

Archived