• Welcome!

Register and log in easily with Twitter or Google accounts!

Or simply create a new Huddle account. 

Members receive fewer ads , access our dark theme, and the ability to join the discussion!

My three round mock.

Jeremy Igo

2 minutes ago, Mr. Scot said:

Guy named Montana wasn't exactly a physical specimen but he did okay. Likewise that guy up in Boston whose name escapes me.

I appreciate what Newton can do, but beast level athleticism in a QB is a "nice to have", not a "need to have".

I'm simply saying that if you're drafting someone from a "gimmick" system, it's a much better proposition if he actually has elite level physical talent.

1 minute ago, LinvilleGorge said:

I'm simply saying that if you're drafting someone from a "gimmick" system, it's a much better proposition if he actually has elite level physical talent.

Disagree.

I don't care what system they play in. What I care about first and foremost is their ability to pass.

I've seen great passers in gimmick systems and lousy ones in pro style systems. The system doesn't say it all.

I've watched Grier throw plenty of great passes.

2 minutes ago, Mr. Scot said:

Disagree.

I don't care what system they play in. What I care about first and foremost is their ability to pass.

I've seen great passers in gimmick systems and lousy ones in pro style systems. The system doesn't say it all.

We'll see. I'm not sold in the least.

I can't decide about Burns--he has the speed and length, but not  sure he likes to get physical.   Everette Brown  ghosts  floating through my head.  Get out!! Out I say!!  I am back.  Part of the problem is that RR's comments about hybrid players has me befuddled.

He is potentially that hybrid RR was talking about.

8 hours ago, Jeremy Igo said:

I have developed my first mock of this season. 

Here it be.

https://www.carolinahuddle.com/2019/03/25/carolina-panthers-2019-mock-draft/

TLDR version

1. Burns - Edge - FSU

2. Deiter - G/C Wisconsin

3a Grier - QB- W by God VU (trade up likely)

3b. Tell - S - USC (if not traded)

You forgot the fact it’s Hurney. 

12 minutes ago, stbugs said:

One huge thing people who didn’t watch the combine might not realize about Burns was that he had great ball skills. He caught everything. I don’t know if he’s amazing in coverage but as the OLB with that speed and size, it wouldn’t surprise me to see him pull off a few game changing plays and quite a few more drive stopping PDs. He wasn’t stiff at all in those drills so that would lead me to believe he would be solid in coverage. 

Yeah I looked it up he had 7 PD in two years. Good call!

12 hours ago, Jeremy Igo said:

Here it be.

TLDR version

1. Burns - Edge - FSU

Jeebus crispy cracker on a pogo-stick, please, no.

20 hours ago, Jeremy Igo said:

Here it be.

TLDR version

1. Burns - Edge - FSU

My only issue with Grier in the 3rd is will he ever really see the field in the next 4 years?   I am hoping Cam will be around much longer than that.  It's possible but to me we would be wasting a pick for someone who might only become trade bait later on down the road.

He's a good QB but realistically his playing time would be limited. 

A scheme-specific player who would be a tough fit if we wind up with a strictly 4-3 coach next year. 

A round early(at least) on an OL 

A Backup QB

And a worst case scenario at Safety. 

I can’t understand any of this.

1 hour ago, DaveThePanther2008 said:

My only issue with Grier in the 3rd is will he ever really see the field in the next 4 years?   I am hoping Cam will be around much longer than that.  It's possible but to me we would be wasting a pick for someone who might only become trade bait later on down the road.

He's a good QB but realistically his playing time would be limited. 

At what point do YOU suggest we draft a capable ab then?

17 hours ago, Mr. Scot said:

Disagree.

Finally! We agree on something! Not that we never agree. It just seems like a long time.

I like what I've seen of Grier. He looks like he could be the prototypical pocket passer. He can deliver dimes on a rope from what I've seen. I think that on its face, Grier would be an excellent get in the third round.

Archived