• Welcome!

Register and log in easily with Twitter or Google accounts!

Or simply create a new Huddle account. 

Members receive fewer ads , access our dark theme, and the ability to join the discussion!

My three round mock.

Jeremy Igo

4 hours ago, ncfan said:

Burns

Burns is more than just athletic  ability 

Von Miller vs Burns college careers

Years 1 and 2 for Miller at A&M

Fresh: 2.5 Sacks 4 TFL

Soph: 3.5 sacks 7.5 TFL

Burns

Freshman: 8.5 Sacks 9.5 TFL

Sophomore: 4.5 Sacks 13.5 TFL

Miller blew up his junior season while Burns switched to the new scheme that he wasnt recruited or fit for.

But

Von Miller 

Senior season: 10.5 sacks 17.5 TFL

Burns

This past season in new scheme: 10.5 sacks 15.5 TFL

Mack, Miller and Burns all played at around 235 in college as edge Linebackers who bulked up to 250 at the combine 

Miller combine

6'3 250.   4.53 40.   37vert.    126 broad  6.7 3cone

Mack combine 

6'3 251.   4.65. 40.   40vert.   128 broad.   7.08 3cone

Burns combine 

6'5 249.   4.53 40.   36vert.    129 broad.  7.01 3cones

That's the comparison I was making, he reminds me a lot of Miller coming out of A&M, just needs some polish to get to what Miller is now. 

It just amazes me he's not higher on draft websites, but the circlejerk on these sites would make you think Burns is 7'0" tall and 105 lbs in a soaking wet uniform. Makes me think on actual GM boards he's probably a top 10 pick.

3 minutes ago, Riverboat Ron said:

That's the comparison I was making, he reminds me a lot of Miller coming out of A&M, just needs some polish to get to what Miller is now. 

It just amazes me he's not higher on draft websites, but the circlejerk on these sites would make you think Burns is 7'0" tall and 105 lbs in a soaking wet uniform. Makes me think on actual GM boards he's probably a top 10 pick.

Just a factor of this draft class. In virtually any other class I can recall he'd be a top 10 lock.

25 minutes ago, LinvilleGorge said:

Who's the last WVU skill position player who translated well to the NFL? I just don't trust anyone coming out of that system.

It's gone down a lot since they started running a gimmicky offense, but drafting a quarterback that came out of a gimmicky offense didn't exactly hurt us the last time we did it.

Just now, Mr. Scot said:

It's gone down a lot since they started running a gimmicky offense, but drafting a quarterback that came out of a gimmicky offense didn't exactly hurt us the last time we did it.

Cam's a different beast though. You can make a legit argument that he's the most physically talented QB ever. The physical aspects are where the primary question marks lie with Grier.

30 minutes ago, LinvilleGorge said:

Cam's a different beast though. You can make a legit argument that he's the most physically talented QB ever. The physical aspects are where the primary question marks lie with Grier.

Guy named Montana wasn't exactly a physical specimen but he did okay. Likewise that guy up in Boston whose name escapes me.

I appreciate what Newton can do, but beast level athleticism in a QB is a "nice to have", not a "need to have".

Archived