• Welcome!

Register and log in easily with Twitter or Google accounts!

Or simply create a new Huddle account. 

Members receive fewer ads , access our dark theme, and the ability to join the discussion!

My three round mock.

Jeremy Igo

5 minutes ago, Riverboat Ron said:

The more I watch Burns the more I like, reminds me of an unpolished Von Miller edge bending type. Lots of people have him rated mid to late 1st, but it wouldn't surprise me if he went top 10.

Yeah, you really don't know with this draft. There are like 20 players I could see top 10.

13 minutes ago, Riverboat Ron said:

The more I watch Burns the more I like, reminds me of an unpolished Von Miller edge bending type. Lots of people have him rated mid to late 1st, but it wouldn't surprise me if he went top 10.

Burns

Burns is more than just athletic  ability 

Von Miller vs Burns college careers

Years 1 and 2 for Miller at A&M

Fresh: 2.5 Sacks 4 TFL

Soph: 3.5 sacks 7.5 TFL

Burns

Freshman: 8.5 Sacks 9.5 TFL

Sophomore: 4.5 Sacks 13.5 TFL

Miller blew up his junior season while Burns switched to the new scheme that he wasnt recruited or fit for.

But

Von Miller 

Senior season: 10.5 sacks 17.5 TFL

Burns

This past season in new scheme: 10.5 sacks 15.5 TFL

Mack, Miller and Burns all played at around 235 in college as edge Linebackers who bulked up to 250 at the combine 

Miller combine

6'3 250.   4.53 40.   37vert.    126 broad  6.7 3cone

Mack combine 

6'3 251.   4.65. 40.   40vert.   128 broad.   7.08 3cone

Burns combine 

6'5 249.   4.53 40.   36vert.    129 broad.  7.01 3cones

24 minutes ago, Riverboat Ron said:

Heaven forbid if we did land a Von Miller like playmaker. Make QB's run in fear of their lives once he breaks through the line protecting them.

Pretty stupid to spend a 3rd round pick on a QB when you could flip that pick for a future 2nd and obtain that legitimate resource for obtaining a legitimate prospect.

The odds that you get a 2nd for Grier or even a 3rd when it comes time to flip him is pretty low. 

Zero point to doing this other than the ability to say "tee hee we addressed the backup QB position."

2 minutes ago, stbugs said:

Don’t like the draft after the 1st. I’m OK with Burns in 3-4, but Dieter isn’t close to the best G available at 47 and I hate Grier with our early 3rd.

If we come out of the draft and our top 100 picks with Burns and a slight upgrade at LG, we failed miserably.

Yeah after 1st pick this draft would make physical sick.. To many missed opportunities for better players...

55 minutes ago, Growl said:

Pretty stupid to spend a 3rd round pick on a QB when you could flip that pick for a future 2nd and obtain that legitimate resource for obtaining a legitimate prospect.

The odds that you get a 2nd for Grier or even a 3rd when it comes time to flip him is pretty low. 

Zero point to doing this other than the ability to say "tee hee we addressed the backup QB position."

HE'S FROM CHARLOTTE!!!!!

Archived