• Welcome!

Register and log in easily with Twitter or Google accounts!

Or simply create a new Huddle account. 

Members receive fewer ads , access our dark theme, and the ability to join the discussion!

What position in round 1 would make you furious?

Jeremy Igo

My first thought was shortstop, but then I  focused harder--I  would go with RB or TE.

QB is the best answer.  It would mean Cam is now nothing  more than vegan cigar bar owner who is the baby daddy of a stripper's kids.  (Heck, even out of the NFL his life is  awesome--except  for the Vegan thing)

RB, TE, QB, probably even WR.  On one hand, I wouldn't be completely against a specific TE or WR, for example.  I just don't expect them to be there at 16.  And the next tier of players would be way too much of a reach.

Anything on defense I could live with.  We could just pick BPA and be fine really.  While FA went great (even if you hate the Smith 5m/y deal), and it shored up some holes any defensive BPA position would be great to the long term health of the team.

29 minutes ago, MHS831 said:

My first thought was shortstop, but then I  focused harder--I  would go with RB or TE.

QB is the best answer.  It would mean Cam is now nothing  more than vegan cigar bar owner who is the baby daddy of a stripper's kids.  (Heck, even out of the NFL his life is  awesome--except  for the Vegan thing)

Wow...thats a bit much to say....

1st rounder needs to be a starter.  My biggest concern is we reach for a player for need.

If you reach and he bombs out aka Butler is can affect you down the line.

As far as the question is concerned.  I wouldn't blow my top over any position outside QB and RB and logically Kickers

Positions I would be happy about is DE, OT and Safety and possible CB if it is Greedy

Meh about WR, TE, OG, C, LB

27 minutes ago, DaveThePanther2008 said:

1st rounder needs to be a starter.  My biggest concern is we reach for a player for need.

If you reach and he bombs out aka Butler is can affect you down the line.

As far as the question is concerned.  I wouldn't blow my top over any position outside QB and RB and logically Kickers

Positions I would be happy about is DE, OT and Safety and possible CB if it is Greedy

Meh about WR, TE, OG, C, LB

There is a conundrum there. If they need to be a starter chances are it's a position of need.  And drafting best player might not mean they are better than who you have there. 

I dont think self imposed draft mantras are very helpful.

Butler wasnt a need and didnt turn out to be the best. He was just a bad pick. If he had been a quality player and started after his first year then it would have been a good pick regardless of not being an immediate starter. 

If a guy is depth in year one before being a 10 year starter you have succeeded.

Archived