• Welcome!

Register and log in easily with Twitter or Google accounts!

Or simply create a new Huddle account. 

Members receive fewer ads , access our dark theme, and the ability to join the discussion!

What position in round 1 would make you furious?

Jeremy Igo

1 hour ago, thefuzz said:

Furious:  QB, RB, MLB.

Angry:  S, G.

Not happy, but whatever:  DT, TE, WR, OLB, (non pass rushing).

Somewhat OK:  C.

Fine:  OT, DE, (if they actually grade out).

Ok with Center?  We just signed one of the best and have a very capable backup in Larson. 

15 minutes ago, micnificent28 said:

What... I think tight end is legit. Hock is a complete tight similar to ertz. Fant is the 4.5 running Olsen of this years class. Irv Smith is also very good.

Agree I would absolutely take Hock there

13 minutes ago, micnificent28 said:

No way that happens with Arizona taking Murray and the Giants with a need at qb along with a few others. Hell I am hearing lock is even getting top ten looks.

Lock is 6'5" with a big arm. Someone is taking him in the 1st. I'm looking at you, John Elway. He would be much less of a reach in the top 10 than Josh Allen was last year.

2 hours ago, stbugs said:

Wait, you’d be OK with a C at 16 even though we have Paradis and Larsen as a backup but less OK with a DT when we could easily have 0 DTs next year? We can save $24 in cap space (not a typo) by releasing Poe and Short, which is a good call and we won’t be doing a 5th year option on Butler. Right now, DT is a huge need. People ignore it because it isn’t as huge a 2019 need. DE/OLB, FS and LG are probably the biggest 2019 needs with OT and DT right behind them for 2020 (and possibly 2019 with any injuries). Based on visits/prospect meetings, Hurney is definitely paying attention to DT.

That was a total brain fart on my account...I unplugged from the NFL for a while and totally forgot about Paradis somehow.

Poe is likely gone, but if KK steps up this year again, I could see him doing some type of extension or restructure to lower his 18M cap hit.  You are selling me on DT a little here, I'm just tired of picking them in the 1st for some reason.

I have a bad feeling about OT and DE at the 16 spot, but that's really what I want.  Just don't want to reach.

1 minute ago, XOBlackxJokerOX said:

OT if the talent isn't there at pick 16 or LB. I hate it when we reach like we did with Shaq and Butler.

What made those reaches particularly painful is that we reached at positions of strength at the time. I mean, damn. If you're gonna reach at least reach on an immediate need.

Archived