• Welcome!

Register and log in easily with Twitter or Google accounts!

Or simply create a new Huddle account. 

Members receive fewer ads , access our dark theme, and the ability to join the discussion!

Panthers 3-4 defense confirmed.

Jeremy Igo

10 minutes ago, black-panthers said:

White will be a top 10 pick. And secondly, if he was there, why would you take him now? White is a 43 LB. if we go to a 34, Irvin is the only one that can play OLB. Shaq and Luke cant.

It isn't a guarantee.

IMHO he's one of two elite defensive prospects, so if he does somehow slip to 16, we should take him.

He should be able to play any LB position. Although he's primarily been ILB, he has played on the outside as well. He has the speed and skill to cover the outside, but I would put him inside with Luke on the 34.

Just now, steven8989 said:

I've been telling everyone he is the pick. He is a tackling machine. He will be another Kuechly down the road. We won't be drafting Ferrell like everyone keeps thinking!

I've been hoping for it in a way as well. The biggest question is if he makes it to 16. If he does, there should be no question. Luke isn't getting any younger, and White is versatile enough to play NOW.

8 minutes ago, Riverboat Ron said:

Seems like Christian Wilkins in the 1st or Dexter Lawrence in the 2nd would make a lot of sense considering we would have KK, Poe and Butler as our D-line.

Yep. I see Dexter Lawrence making a lot of sense if we move to a real 3-4. Poe is big enough for NT, but no one else on the roster can hold that down. you need to be 330-plus. I'd take Burns in the first and Lawrence in the second. 

19 minutes ago, black-panthers said:

Omfg nvm. Yall girls seem to forget he ever played for Seattle. 

He didn't play a traditional 4-3 olb in Seattle either. Know your defenses and understand it's about gaps and how you attack them. You can line up looking like a 4-3 but actually be in a 3-4. He was an edge rusher in Seattle. 

2 minutes ago, Panthero said:

Yep. I see Dexter Lawrence making a lot of sense if we move to a real 3-4. Poe is big enough for NT, but no one else on the roster can hold that down. you need to be 330-plus. I'd take Burns in the first and Lawrence in the second. 

I think Lawrence will be gone for our second pick.  My choice for pure NT out of this draft if Gaines from Washington.  

14 minutes ago, steven8989 said:

I've been telling everyone he is the pick. He is a tackling machine. He will be another Kuechly down the road. We won't be drafting Ferrell like everyone keeps thinking!

lol he will not be the pick. We still going Dline in round 1 buddy. It's much easier to find a OLB in the later rounds and still get good production.

Archived