• Welcome!

Register and log in easily with Twitter or Google accounts!

Or simply create a new Huddle account. 

Members receive fewer ads , access our dark theme, and the ability to join the discussion!

So what is the Panthers single biggest need now?

Jeremy Igo

I think it all depends on what our front office thinks about the current players, specifically at DE and OL.

we can look at stats and read articles all we want but we still don’t really know what the coaching staff and front office feel  about each player.  Maybe a player had a bad year because he played with an minor injury that only the staff knows about. They also don’t know how well a young player has progressed or a vet degressed.

If the team believes Obada or Haynes have improved enough to start then I could see us not drafting a DE.

cornerback, safety and offensive line are the biggest needs.

DT maybe a need but it all depends on what the staff thinks about the progression of Butler and if Poe and Shorts mediocre year.

we have two good tackles but Williams will be a free agent and is coming off injury. If Williams has a good year then he will want a big contract. If he gets injured or has a bad year then he may not be worth keeping. Best thing to do would be to draft an offensive tackle . That should give us a solid starter at a cheap contract for 4 years.

We have 2 good cornerbacks that are young. Does the staff think Jackson is a #2 cornerback or a nickel  back? If they only think he should be a nickle then a cornerback could be our 1st pick.

After resigning Ried to a multi year contract one safety spot is locked down for a while. Can Gaulden be the other safety? 

Ya patriots biggest need is backup qb. Same with colts. I mean, did you see how bad they were without luck? For some reason they chose to build the team around luck anyways and now that he’s healthy they’re really good, but man they really should’ve gotten a better backup qb bc that brisset guy was bad 

I’m gonna say DE. But not the one your thinking of.  While we may be a hybrid 4-3 we could also be looking at transitioning to a full 3-4.  And if thats the case we need starting 3-4 DE.  We have Poe at NT. Short at one DE but no one at the other.  For the OLB’s we have Addison Irvin starting with Haynes and Cox backing that up.  Cox will have to drop some weight to play OLB but I am intrigued by what he could be.  

Would love Wilkins at 16 if that is the case. 

Archived