• Welcome!

Register and log in easily with Twitter or Google accounts!

Or simply create a new Huddle account. 

Members receive fewer ads , access our dark theme, and the ability to join the discussion!

So what is the Panthers single biggest need now?

Jeremy Igo

14 hours ago, Jeremy Igo said:

I'd argue a backup QB that can win games if needed.

Where u going to get a backup, and with what money? We ain't letting coach Torrey no hands Smith go and we aren't restructuring any contracts. So really don't see where we are going with this. I guess we can say the answer is on the roster?

13 hours ago, Dunn said:

So I gotta ask, why is everyone already writing off Kyle Allen as a legit back up to Cam?  He faced a good amount of the Saints #1's on defense and did well.  Another year under Norv and I'd think he is a good back up potentially to Cam.  

Yeah right they played like less than a quarter lol. They didn't even care to win that game.

19 minutes ago, steven8989 said:

Yeah right they played like less than a quarter lol. They didn't even care to win that game.

That’s BS, man. Their defensive starters were out there and they wanted to stop us but Allen and Moore and Samuel outplayed them. Give credit where it’s due. 

It depends on whether or not Searcy can play free safety. To my knowledge he has never played the position leaving Gualden as the primary free safety on the roster (a converted nickel). So in essence we don't really even have a true free safety on the roster.

It would be intelligent to address that position before we worry about "depth players".

2 minutes ago, Carl Spackler said:

That’s BS, man. Their defensive starters were out there and they wanted to stop us but Allen and Moore and Samuel outplayed them. Give credit where it’s due. 

Omg ur crazy, I watched the game and hardly none of the starters where out there on defense, and especially offense. Only one I seen play was Thomas who wanted that damn record.  Yeah I'm sure u seen Lattimore out there too, LMAO!

I would say FS. I can see the argument for QB but the reality is that we are fuged if Cam goes down, regardless. Just that statement alone probably elevates QB to being #1 but I am probably buying into the same mentality that the franchise is, "Cam or bust!"

TBH, none of these draft QB's look like much. The FA QB class doesn't inspire much confidence either.

The owner made clear what his priority was and he signs the checks 

protect the franchise QB

as I said before, how many times did Brady get sacked?  How many rings does he have?

how many times did Panthers QBs get sacked?  How many rings for the Panthers?

the answer is there 

with all the rule changes, this isn’t the nfl of even 10 years ago. Times change   Yes the Panthers need defense but without Newton with time to throw, they will be what they have always been, worse as he ages. 2015 was four years ago

For me, DE, FS, LT, OT, CB, RB (but a little torn about RB here,  as I believe Hood, IF he can hang on to the ball, will give us what we need from a RB2), DT, DE (again), RG, FB, TE, WR, SS, PK, Punter, NG, WE (water boy), EM (Equipment Manger), BBC (Ball Boy), CL3(Cheer Leader), DE, FS, P (Plumber), PA (Parking Attendant), QB2 (really torn here,  as we still would have much bigger needs). There is not a QB, through FA or in the draft this year that would help us. If/when it comes to that time I want our next FQB and that isn't happening this year. Of course, just my opinion.

Archived