• Welcome!

Register and log in easily with Twitter or Google accounts!

Or simply create a new Huddle account. 

Members receive fewer ads , access our dark theme, and the ability to join the discussion!

So what is the Panthers single biggest need now?

Jeremy Igo

3 minutes ago, Wolfcop said:

I know this would stink during the season, but NBA teams tank all the time to go for the star player. I don't prefer this route, but sometimes it pays off in the long run (ex. Cam). 

You can't ask a bunch of guys - some of whom this might be their last season or their only shot at a larger role - to sacrifice a season for the benefit of one guy.

Just now, Wolfcop said:

I know this would stink during the season, but NBA teams tank all the time to go for the star player. I don't prefer this route, but sometimes it pays off in the long run (ex. Cam). 

It's really terrible to have a losing season, and lose a QB who is loved by the majority of the fan base. I want Cam to come back and lead us to a SB victory. Anything can happen in the upcoming season, but we have to be ready to make some tough decisions if Cam's shoulder is done. I want Heinicke throwing interceptions if Cam is done. I want losses to pile up if that's it for Cam because I'm thinking about the following seasons being successful. It sucks to lose, but that's the system. The draft is designed to save bad teams. We're bad without Cam.  

3 hours ago, joemac said:

What are you hearing?  There hasnt really been any update about his shoulder as far as I know.  I guess Rivera has talked about it a little, but thats it.

no no no joemac.  they're pretend sources he burns us with

6 hours ago, Jeremy Igo said:

I'd argue a backup QB that can win games if needed.

Still edge rusher

Yeah we were that bad at it.

When you cant even touch Eli Manning.  You know how bad the group is.

Im excited about Irvin but im temper my excitement considering 

We were all aboard the needing to get young train including saying good bye to a 35 year old TD.  But we're opening our arms and thinking 31 year old Irvin is going to completely fix the rushing the passing issue.

We also saw this dance last year.  NT was the big issue, so we signed a guy who used to be a stud who KC casted off (like Oakland did with Irvin)  then Atlanta didnt attempt to resign him (like Irvin).  Then that guy Poe didnt quite live up to expectations.

Until Irvin actually gets more than 1 sack in a Panthers uniform, edge rusher still remains the #1 need.

Heck our coach is Ron Rivera.  His teams have always been defensive lead teams.  And his defenses have been front 7 get after the QB led defenses.

Even if we brought in Dwayne Haskins as a Backup and he had to come in if Cam went down.  I still dont trust them to make a playoff push with this D

Yes Cams shoulder is what ultimately killed the season.

But just replacing Pep with Bruce Irvin doesnt fix the fact that this defense still gave up

30 to seattle

26 to Cleveland

31 to the Giants 

52 to the Steelers

28 to Tampa 

19 minutes ago, Prime said:

This might not be smart, but if We don't get sweat, and no other d lineman falls, why not just take greedy williams. As good as bradberry is, I'm not 100% sure he has the talent to lock up any single #1 in our division consistently. What about jachai polite? 

That’s a high bar you’re setting...are you saying you’re 100% sure that Greedy Williams will consistently lock up Michael Thomas, Julio Jones, and Mike Evans? Bradberry has done about as well as you could expect anyone to shut those three receivers down.

11 hours ago, joemac said:

What are you hearing?  There hasnt really been any update about his shoulder as far as I know.  I guess Rivera has talked about it a little, but thats it.

Shoulder was fixed and scar tissue was cleaned out. Cams shoulder right now is 100%. 

Archived