• Welcome!

Register and log in easily with Twitter or Google accounts!

Or simply create a new Huddle account. 

Members receive fewer ads , access our dark theme, and the ability to join the discussion!

So what is the Panthers single biggest need now?

Jeremy Igo

Just now, TheRed said:

Did I say there wasn't an issue? He had surgery lol.

The issue at this point is as a fan of the Carolina Panthers, you either believe his shoulder is done, or you believe he can make a return.

From my perspective it seems a number of people in this fanbase are simply top chickenshit to go on record about Cam unequivocally being "done" because they don't want to risk getting dragged for several months if Newton has a big season.

It's almost as if the shoulder is an extremely complex piece of anatomy and the outcome is uncertain. Weird that people respond accordingly.

3 minutes ago, Jeremy Igo said:

Stop being so damn emotional. It's really strange. The guy could not throw 20 yards for half a season and just had his shoulder scoped. If that was any other QB ever you would never question the concern. 

I really hope his shoulder is perfect and he has another mvp season. But to bank on that without a contingency is lunacy.

Stop exaggerating. There are next gen stats that show this isnt true.

4 minutes ago, Jeremy Igo said:

And there is the backtrack.

Broken record. Next time, try checking your strange emotional rants before typing silly things.

On page 2 you said you dont think his shoulder will ever be fixed.

I'm not making declarations about the certainty of his future. You are. I know there's a chance he may never be the same QB. But I'm not betting against a player like him. 

Outside of Foles, there isn't a backup QB in the league that can come in and win games: and as such he just signed a big money deal to start. If we have to rely on a backup we are screwed anyway. Either roll with Allen and see what happens or draft or trade for Cam's replacement. Honestly, we have so many holes this isn't a one year fix. Our first 4 picks need to be DE, DT, OL and S. If we could trade for more picks, add OLB and CB to those. Even there, we have no quality depth at most spots. We are an average football team at this point that is only going as far as Cam takes us. A backup QB is a luxury that won't make any difference 

2 hours ago, KillerKat said:

We have so many holes to fill, everyone's answer will be correct. If you try to create a 53 man roster right now, you'll see our glaring holes. This is why I keep up with one year round. You can make a case for just about any position.

OFFENSE:
WR1: D.J. Moore - Torrey Smith
LT: Taylor Moton 
LG: Greg Van Roten - Taylor Hearn
C: #Matt Paradis#- Tyler Larsen
RG: Trai Turner - Brendan Mahon
RT: Daryl Williams - Dorian Johnson 
TE: Greg Olsen - Ian Thomas  - Chris Manhertz - Jason Vander Laan
WR2: Curtis Samuel - Jarius Wright - Mose Frazier
QB: Cam Newton - Kyle Allen - Taylor Heinicke
FB: Alex Armah
RB: Christian McCaffrey - Elijah Hood - Reggie Bonnafon

DEFENSE:
LE: #Bruce Irvin# - Bryan Cox Jr. - Efe Obada 
UT: Kawann Short - Vernon Butler 
NT: Dontari Poe - #Elijah Qualls#
RE: Mario Addison - Marquis Haynes
SLB: Shaq Thompson - #Jonathan Celestin#
MLB: Luke Kuechly - Andre Smith
WLB: Jermaine Carter Jr. - Jared Norris
LCB: James Bradberry - Ross Cockrell
RCB: Donte Jackson - Corn Elder - Lorenzo Doss
SS: Eric Reid - Colin Jones - Damian Parms
FS: Da'Norris Searcy - Rashaan Gaulden

SPECIAL TEAMS: 
K/KO: Graham Gano
P/H: Michael Palardy
KR: Curtis Samuel - D.J. Moore - Christian McCaffrey
PR: D.J. Moore - Christian McCaffrey - Corn Elder
LS: J.J. Jansen 

* = Draft Pick
# = Free Agent
() = Undrafted Free Agent

Looking at that,..

its LEFT TACKLE. 

Everything else has a couple of players. We have no one except Moton? If Moton goes down in training camp for example—

slap on the Vaseline folks.

Archived