• Welcome!

Register and log in easily with Twitter or Google accounts!

Or simply create a new Huddle account. 

Members receive fewer ads , access our dark theme, and the ability to join the discussion!

So what is the Panthers single biggest need now?

Jeremy Igo

Pass rush. If we’re playing a backup in this division we aren’t going to the playoffs. So if Cam gets hurt the seasons done anyway. 

Other position of need is corner. I wouldn’t be upset if we took the best corner off the board at 17 and had some leverage with Bradberry...who will likely command top tier money but I’m not sure is worth it. 

So I gotta ask, why is everyone already writing off Kyle Allen as a legit back up to Cam?  He faced a good amount of the Saints #1's on defense and did well.  Another year under Norv and I'd think he is a good back up potentially to Cam.  

18 minutes ago, TheRed said:

Stop tap dancing, and just say you want him gone already.

The other month I saw you hop in the same thread on two separate occasions just to take a swipe at his clothing line.

Frankly you're behaving like a little bitch.

you're full of it here.   he's gone vegan to deal with inflammation.  there is an issue.  he just had his 2nd surgery on it.  what's up with the terrible mood?   

and to whomever said cam's shoulder was the #1 issue last year, i'd like you to consider what happened to our other 2 qb's behind that line.  cam's shoulder is an issue because of our woeful o-line play through the years, albeit minus the first couple yrs when he thought he could bowl over anyone in the league and took some whoppers, got helicoptered...

LG is our weakest link on the offensive side of the ball

& DE on the defensive side of the ball 

so taken into consideration how bad our defense was last year & then the talent at the QB position in the NFC South...I would say DE is by far the most important need

17 minutes ago, Dunn said:

So I gotta ask, why is everyone already writing off Kyle Allen as a legit back up to Cam?  He faced a good amount of the Saints #1's on defense and did well.  Another year under Norv and I'd think he is a good back up potentially to Cam.  

I'd love for them to keep Kyle around and let him compete for the back up job.  Our passing attacked looked more dynamic than it had all season with him in there Week 17.  I was highly impressed by him.

As bad as our secondary was last year and we haven't added anything to it. A rangy safety and another CB are big needs. Then, add more pass rush help and OL depth. I am OK with Allen at QB for now. No veteran who is currently available is going to be much help. I'd be OK with a rookie QB behind Allen, but I wouldn't pick one ahead of the above positions. 

32 minutes ago, Dunn said:

I like Allen. Rather see him as a third string guy to develop.

1 hour ago, Jeremy Igo said:

I'd argue a backup QB that can win games if needed.

I think there are 2 ways to look at this offseason. 

1. Go all in on Cam and draft assuming that he will be fine.

Pros: If he stays healthy we gain a player in a position of need making the entire team stronger as a result.

Cons: If he goes down he probably takes the season with him. But then its clear that Cams window is almost done and we need to look for a successor with that high draft pick.

2. Draft/Trade for competent back up. 

Pros: If Cam goes down the season doesn't 'necessarily' go with him. 

Con's: If Can goes down again we need more then a competent back up.

I personally think we either trade for Rosen and I would give up a high pick for him if the panther think he could succeed Cam. Or we go all in with Cam and see how the year plays out. 

54 minutes ago, TheRed said:

Stop tap dancing, and just say you want him gone already.

The other month I saw you hop in the same thread on two separate occasions just to take a swipe at his clothing line.

Frankly you're behaving like a little bitch.

Stop being so damn emotional. It's really strange. The guy could not throw 20 yards for half a season and just had his shoulder scoped. If that was any other QB ever you would never question the concern. 

I really hope his shoulder is perfect and he has another mvp season. But to bank on that without a contingency is lunacy.

37 minutes ago, raz said:

you're full of it here.   he's gone vegan to deal with inflammation.  there is an issue.  he just had his 2nd surgery on it.  what's up with the terrible mood?   

and to whomever said cam's shoulder was the #1 issue last year, i'd like you to consider what happened to our other 2 qb's behind that line.  cam's shoulder is an issue because of our woeful o-line play through the years, albeit minus the first couple yrs when he thought he could bowl over anyone in the league and took some whoppers, got helicoptered...

Did I say there wasn't an issue? He had surgery lol.

The issue at this point is as a fan of the Carolina Panthers, you either believe his shoulder is done, or you believe he can make a return.

From my perspective it seems a number of people in this fanbase are simply too  chickenshit to go on record about Cam unequivocally being "done" because they don't want to risk getting dragged for several months if Newton has a big season.

Archived