• Welcome!

Register and log in easily with Twitter or Google accounts!

Or simply create a new Huddle account. 

Members receive fewer ads , access our dark theme, and the ability to join the discussion!

So what is the Panthers single biggest need now?

Jeremy Igo

What? A 4m 3-4 pass rusher doesn’t fix our need for QB pressure.

As far as I’m concerned KK has checked out and Poe isn’t worth mentioning. Our rush was horrendous last year. If you want to compete Dline isn’t an option.

It’s still DE.

19 minutes ago, KendrickPanther said:

I don't really want to invest in a "good" backup QB though. Sink or swim with Cam. Back him up with somebody young, even trade a 3 for Josh Rosen. 

...Eric Reid is slow. We need speed back there.

You do realize that trading a 3rd for Rosen is an investment? Day two picks can be very valuable. 

I would consider it though. Just consider it, not necessarily do it. Maybe this year's, maybe next year's...if I could get away with it.

Reid is not a burner, but I wouldn't particularly call him slow. More speed is always welcome however. 

I'm going with OL.  It's almost certain that one of our projected starting five will miss some games.  The line needs 1-2 competent backups so Cam doesn't get killed.

If Cam's shoulder gives out again, I'm not worried about a backup QB scratching out a few wins.  I'll be worried about finding a new starter in the next season or two.

32 minutes ago, Jeremy Igo said:

And if Cam's shoulder gives out again and we only have the guys currently on the roster, does any of that really matter?

Is there a QB available that you believe could lead this team to the playoffs / super bowl? 

If not, and Cam’s shoulder gives out, I want us to lose as many games as possible to get the best draft position possible. It’s the reason why last year was such a disappointing disaster.

This team is in some trouble. There is no depth at all on roster. I am very confused to why everyone been so excited about our offseason so far. Just looking at the depth chart above, there are still so many holes. They still need a backup QB, 2nd RB, a big body WR, offensive line depth, defensive line depth and a starting DE, starting outside linebacker, another CB, and starting safety. 

50 minutes ago, Jeremy Igo said:

And if Cam's shoulder gives out again and we only have the guys currently on the roster, does any of that really matter?

If Cam's shoulder goes out again, we're screwed anyways.  We dont have the cap space to go after a good backup QB.  Might as well just tank at that point and shoot for the number one pick to get our QB.  If Cams shoulder goes out again, hes done for.

There are no backup QB's within sane cap range who can come in and win games.  Let's face it, if a QB is good enough to win games in the NFL, he *will* be starting somewhere unless he's on a rookie deal.

Obviously, people will want to throw around names of QB's who might have something to prove.  Great, the problem for them is that if all goes according to plan, coming here will not give them the opportunity to prove anything.  Our starting QB is Cam.  Everything we hear from the Panthers is that Cam will be fine.  We can't know if that's true or not, but from the perspective of a QB who wants a "prove it" deal, it's not where he wants to be.

At QB, our task is simply stated, but complex to resolve.  We have to determine if Cam will ever be Cam again.  If the answer is "yes", then backup QB is something we should be slotting as a developmental role.  If the answer is "no", we better be finding our next franchise QB and doing whatever it takes to get him in the fold sooner rather than later.

Archived