• Welcome!

Register and log in easily with Twitter or Google accounts!

Or simply create a new Huddle account. 

Members receive fewer ads , access our dark theme, and the ability to join the discussion!

So... Compared to one month ago how are you feeling about this season?

Jeremy Igo

Not much to comment on from my view.  We shed some bad weight and swapped out Kalil for Paradis.  We're pretty much the same team.  Same coach, same GM, same personnel with 1 out of house UFA signing.  

Cam's vlog got me psyched more than anything.  I hope he shreds the league again circa '15.    

2 hours ago, NanuqoftheNorth said:

A month ago, things looked pretty dark and gloomy for the Panthers in 2019. 

The offseason was much like a leaky lifeboat rapidly taking on water, lost on rough seas and engulfed by a pitch black night. 

Since then, MH has managed to plug about a third of the leaks while tossing dead weight overboard in order to keep the Panthers heads above water. 

It appears that MH has his oars in the water and heading in the right direction with a new dawn on the horizon.

In short, the situation no longer looks entirely bleak.  

Capt Marty has now charted his course for the busy draft lanes in hopes of an immediate rescue.

Danger dead ahead, all hands on deck! 

Will Capt Marty discover help desperately needed for the Carolina Panthers survival or trade away his opportunities for a date with Davey Tepper's locker?

tumblr_llwip05Aq21qdgk2fo1_500.gif.1a7938fa42601e17540a20f40ec37612.gif

I think offensively we look fine right now. But damn DE still looks extremely weak and I’m not sure they can fill pass rush holes in the draft. We haven’t had much luck in a draft pick coming in and right away making an impact as far as pressure and sacks are concerned.

1 hour ago, OneBadCat said:

I think offensively we look fine right now. But damn DE still looks extremely weak and I’m not sure they can fill pass rush holes in the draft. We haven’t had much luck in a draft pick coming in and right away making an impact as far as pressure and sacks are concerned.

That's true but in the past 20 years, we've only picked one defensive end in the first round and that was none other than Julius Peppers. Not saying we'll replicate that, but in a year with a historically strong defensive end draft class, we at least have reason to think the pick will outperform our more recent pass rushing draft picks. 

Pretty much the same.

Said it elsewhere: I can analyze individual moves as a positive or negative, but it's the big picture that matters and that's a long way from being formed.

Outside of keeping Torrey Smith, most of what I've seen I've approved of.

Most of these posts assumes our pass rush will continue to be a base 4-3 and we need traditional DEs. If we use a pass rush like Baltimore or Pittsburgh, the blitzers come from linebackers, corners and safeties as well as DEs. The question about what kind of edge rushers we need surely does depend on what scheme we are using to get pressure this year.

11 hours ago, RIAnBOW said:

if 8-8 is the over under whatcha taking and why?

Over. We lost a ton of games by 7 points or less. If we split those games this year we are at 10-6 or 11-5. Add that if Cam is healthy and our injured O linemen are healthy and can stay that way, this is going to be a good team this year.

11 hours ago, RIAnBOW said:

if 8-8 is the over under whatcha taking and why?

won't touch us in any over unders this year because it is entirely dependent on Cam's shoulder health which no one can accurately predict how it will be this season. 

But if you put a gun to my head I'd go right under at 7-9

Mehh...

A lot is going to depend on what happens over the next few months.  After we get the DE, I think we should trade back and try to get some more picks, with the cap and the draft, we're not going to be able to address all of our needs. Also we need some of the current players to step up...we will not more after OTAs.

Archived