• Welcome!

Register and log in easily with Twitter or Google accounts!

Or simply create a new Huddle account. 

Members receive fewer ads , access our dark theme, and the ability to join the discussion!

So... Compared to one month ago how are you feeling about this season?

Jeremy Igo

Much mo better. We have solidified our offensive line going into an extremely heavy defensive draft. 

Plus a lot of teams  ahead of us in draft went heavy on defense in free agency. And a couple more need a QB.  

Just wish Simmons was still healthy. That would have guaranteed are really strong puck at 16 for us. 

We will have some idea of the team's confidence in Cam's  shoulder at the draft.  They seem as if the  OL needs will be addressed with free agents, Moton's flexibility, and maybe some depth  draft picks.  That suggests we are going DL in  the draft.  I  do not really think we  have a choice.  I am also expecting a  T or a G in round 3-4  to  develop for a year and provide depth.  It seems to me that we are going to  go--and all of you can mark these words that were typed on  this day in  the year 2019---this way:

1. Defensive end/OLB  (other possibilities:  White LB, Williams OT, Ford OT/G, Oliver DT)

2. Safety  (Other possibilities:  DT,  T, QB if they are not  happy with Cam's arm)

3. Tackle

4. CB, QB, G or WR

5. Depth LB

Cutting Kalil, resigning Williams, getting Paradis?

Reid's contract looking fair, if not good compared to what ended up being a not-very-buyers-market at Safety?  "Its a buyer's market" was all buyta battle cry going into the signing period.  Someone forgot to tell the FAs that.

The only questionable aspect is if Smith can live up to his 5m.

Over all, its been a favorable off season.

I said back in January that the team had a lot of hard choices they had to man up and face regarding coaches, player's, and the QB position.

Predictably though, they've had a routine panthers milquetoast response.     .

The general message the team has sent us is that they believe, with full conviction, that the only problem with last season was Cam's shoulder, and the entirety of the blame is being layed on him. No fears, though! They're also fully convinced it was a one off thing, and no preparations for having to move on have been made, which is predictable given that you have a HC and probably GM who wouldn't be here to draft him should the panthers (unfortunately) need to.

I'm a big fan of the moves so far. Truthfully, we haven't improved much from last year's team. That being said, that team was a healthy Cam and competent defensive play-calling away from giving New Orleans, the eventual nfc #1 seed, a run for their money for the division title. 

A strong draft, healthy Cam, and improved defensive execution under Rivera will make up the difference this year. Plus we have Samuel and Moore firmly entrenched as starters and hopefully ready to take the leap.  Cautiously optimistic pending how the draft turns out. 

I'm feeling pretty good. I have said for months that fixing the offensive line has to be the top priority this offseason and I'm am glad the front office agreed with me. Still worried about depth at certain positions but we still have a long offseason to go. Not to mention the draft

Archived