• Welcome!

Register and log in easily with Twitter or Google accounts!

Or simply create a new Huddle account. 

Members receive fewer ads , access our dark theme, and the ability to join the discussion!

Where does our O-Line go from here?

ericr0319

1 hour ago, stbugs said:

Why do you like him? Actually wondering because an OU fan in another thread was very negative on him compared to Ford, Powers and Samia. 

Just what I've read that he's one of the few prospects that projects as a real left tackle and not the more typical writeup where "the prospect lacks length and could slide to guard". Honestly though, I haven't watched film so it's just secondhand from the NFL draft network writeup on him. See the link.

https://thedraftnetwork.com/prospect-rankings

Then type in Bobby evans. Some complimentary analysis from guys typically pretty harsh on prospects. I do think those others will be ready much sooner though.

10 minutes ago, stbugs said:

Agree 100%. I’d rather go Wilkins (assuming the edge guys we love are gone) and have a young stud DT so we can dump Short and Poe next year for $24m in 2020 cap than get a guard at 16 that is about the same as a guard we get at 77.

Yeah, it's a a lot of draft capital but since butler isn't going to pan out, we at least have leverage when short comes up for renewal. 

I also think we need a run stuffer. Daylon Mack with a late third or early fourth would be my pick. In the later rounds we could opt for Christmas or Russell as our nose of the future.  That way if poe doesn't pan out or even if Love stays we have the heir apparent at that position.

1 minute ago, stbugs said:

Wren from ASU and Saunders are all solid. There’s a lot of good DT talent. Hopefully one of the solid edge guys we like is there at 16 and we can get some G/DT/T guys with a nickel CB and FS sprinkled in those 6 other picks. 

Agree, we'd be foolish not to go after refreshing the whole dline given our needs, current and future, and the depth at those positions.

Archived