• Welcome!

Register and log in easily with Twitter or Google accounts!

Or simply create a new Huddle account. 

Members receive fewer ads , access our dark theme, and the ability to join the discussion!

Where does our O-Line go from here?

ericr0319

What I like about this crop of the best OTs, is their versatility. I think our Plan A is most likely experimenting with Moton as our LT with Williams on the RT. If say we pick any of these OT (Jonah Williams, Dillard, Jawaan Tayor), we can kick them inside for the time being. If Moton blows as LT, we can experiment with our LT prospect and place Moton back inside. (Moton played a few years as LG in Western Michigan).

If Daryl Williams proves his worth and becomes too expensive. We put Moton back to his RT spot.

8 minutes ago, Panthero said:

if we can get Cajuste in the second then you have to go DE in the first, unless Hurney can get some serviceable guys to come in ahead of the draft. 

I like everything I've read about Cajuste. His weaknesses seem to be fixable with good coaching, which we have here with Matsko. 

I still think we are a two year rebuild. We'll be solid next year but need this draft and one more to get back to 10plus wins, imo.

We need a replacement for dwill when he leaves at OT, and some young depth at tackle. 

We need at least 2 edge rushers

Backup NG to replace Kyle love

Backup DT to replace butler

Depth at LB, may already have it. 

Slot CB 

FS, may already have it. 

Could use a stretch TE when Greg leaves as well. 

If we don't make any blunders it won't be a true rebuild, but the roster needs are aplenty. I love this time though, this is where you set the table for the future. Exciting times. 

I think we go DL in round 1, which is why we are addressing the OL in free agency.   HOWEVER, if we draft a T to start, we better do it soon--this  is a terrible OT  draft.

I see a developmental LT later--someone like Max Scharping or Bobby Evans.  I think a year to develop--while Williams is playing out his 1-year deal--is smart.  We know Moton can play RT....

Do not be surprised to see a G drafted.  Lindstrom from BC is my favorite, but if Dalton Risner is there in the second somehow, you take him.

2 hours ago, stbugs said:

I see us going DL in the 1st. I don’t know why we’d pick Ford/Williams to be guards. There is a glut of developmental tackles like Scharping who probably would be as good as a guard (and have played there) but are available in ethe 3rd. There are also better tackles (Lindstrom) who will likely be 2nd rounders. Don’t waste 16 on a guy we think will make a great guard. Don’t draft guards and centers that early. Heck RT guys go later as well and we’re likely replacing Williams. 

That makes a lot of sense and maybe true. We'll find out which way we went soon enough. 

1 hour ago, MHS831 said:

I think we go DL in round 1, which is why we are addressing the OL in free agency.   HOWEVER, if we draft a T to start, we better do it soon--this  is a terrible OT  draft.

I see a developmental LT later--someone like Max Scharping or Bobby Evans.  I think a year to develop--while Williams is playing out his 1-year deal--is smart.  We know Moton can play RT....

Do not be surprised to see a G drafted.  Lindstrom from BC is my favorite, but if Dalton Risner is there in the second somehow, you take him.

i really like Bobby Evans. If he could have more than a year, he'd be a lock down pick for me. only one year to study and he'll take some lumps but he's a hell of a developmental prospect. 

3 hours ago, Pi = 3.1SHutYoMouth! said:

What I like about this crop of the best OTs, is their versatility. I think our Plan A is most likely experimenting with Moton as our LT with Williams on the RT. If say we pick any of these OT (Jonah Williams, Dillard, Jawaan Tayor), we can kick them inside for the time being. If Moton blows as LT, we can experiment with our LT prospect and place Moton back inside. (Moton played a few years as LG in Western Michigan).

If Daryl Williams proves his worth and becomes too expensive. We put Moton back to his RT spot.

This is how I look at it too. Just get a talented lineman. If Williams struggles kick him inside and put prospect at RT. If Williams has a strong year at RT the prospect excels in a guard capacity.  And if Williams in fact has a big year, we very well could have trouble retaining him, so we then have our replacement, without having to spend 4/40 in free agency for a legitimate replacement. Obviously it'd be ideal to get a true LT, but I wouldn't let that persuade us into drafting say Dillard if we are feeling iffy about him, over a guy like Cody Ford who supposedly is a certified mauler lol.

Archived