• Welcome!

Register and log in easily with Twitter or Google accounts!

Or simply create a new Huddle account. 

Members receive fewer ads , access our dark theme, and the ability to join the discussion!

Where does our O-Line go from here?

ericr0319

3 major changes to the O-Line this offseason. All for the better. 

What do you see our O-Line looking like to open the season?

With Williams on a 1 year deal I still think OL in the 1st is by no means out of the question.

Realistically we could have: 

LT - Moton (he did start week 1 last year here, correct?)

LG - J.Williams (1st round pick) - people say can play T/G, but probably All-Pro at G. 

C - Paradis

RG - Turner

RT - Williams (whispers about him going to RT, but the season before he was hurt he was 2nd team All-Pro. You don't F with that. If he is great we re-sign him.)

1 minute ago, kungfoodude said:

I also would not be surprised to see Jonah Williams on our radar at 16. He could potentially compete at LT/RT and if not, slide inside to LG.

that is my thought at LG. If that is the case, we start the year with a damn good o-line for the first time in forever. 

1 minute ago, stbugs said:

I see us going DL in the 1st. I don’t know why we’d pick Ford/Williams to be guards. There is a glut of developmental tackles like Scharping who probably would be as good as a guard (and have played there) but are available in ethe 3rd. There are also better tackles (Lindstrom) who will likely be 2nd rounders. Don’t waste 16 on a guy we think will make a great guard. Don’t draft guards and centers that early. Heck RT guys go later as well and we’re likely replacing Williams. 

That is true. Lindstrom would be an excellent pick at OG. However, I doubt he lasts until our 2nd round pick. He is getting some hype to be a late 1st round guy.

I love bringing Daryl back but i honestly wouldn't be mad if we went O line in the first round still. I like the coby Ford  kid out of Oklahoma. He can play guard and RT so you can figure out where to play between him and Daryl. Also it would be good insurance in case of injury for Daryl. I was just thinking yeah we could go defense but if you have the opportunity to soldify the o line with one of the best linemen in the draft. I think you take that chance. 

The Oline is set to start the year.  The defense is still a disaster.  We have a huge void at DE and FS, not to mention a hole at LB and Nickel CB.  It was unfortunate that Peppers (being our oldest player and it clearly showing last year) was still our best pass rusher these past two years, because If we don’t get any pass rush help with him gone this season will not be fun to watch.  

5 minutes ago, stbugs said:

True but remember based on pre-draft threads there’s at least 50 late first rounders.

Lol. Right but he crushed the interviews, performed well at the combine and has some good game tape. Sounds like he might be one that could actually get that slot. 

We will know in a few weeks.

I think with the way FA has gone for us, and other teams that either kept their own pass rushers, or signed the available guys that were considered the best available; I like the idea of an EDGE defender in the first round.

With 4 of the 5 offensive line positions locked in and adequate players available on our roster to fill the LG spot I thin we save the Guard position for Day 2. This could very well be one of the best lines we've fielded in years barring health. 

Moton / GVR / Paradis / Turner / Williams

Lasrsen

Mahon

Draft Pick (2nd -3rd Rd investment)

I still think Hurney is looking for either versatile Interior or Offensive Tackle in the first 3 rounds.

If there's a run on Pass Rushers say Allen, Bosa, Burns, Sweat, are gone we may be picking Tackle (Jonah Williams, Jawaan Taylor, Cody Ford, Dillard).

Otherwise, we may be looking at potential 2nd round OT or interior. My favorites if they fall to 2nd or later

Dalton Risner (played RT and C) Could be great insurance if Paradis does not work.

Erik McCoy (played G and C) 

Chris Lindstrom (pure G) best guard prospect in my opinion. 

I think we will draft a LT if he is available at 16. You don't get too  many opportunities to draft your future LT. It's easier to get defensive linemen than LTs. I'm hoping for Jonah Williams. If we got him I see it as this

LT: Jonah Williams

LG: Trai Turner

C: Matt Paradis

RG: Daryl Williams

RT: Taylor Moton

obviously switch Turner and Williams if need be. This is just how I would put them

Archived