• Welcome!

Register and log in easily with Twitter or Google accounts!

Or simply create a new Huddle account. 

Members receive fewer ads , access our dark theme, and the ability to join the discussion!

Panthers have had a successful free agency period so far.

Jeremy Igo

1 hour ago, Navy_football said:

We can't expect Hurney to go out and fill every "position of need" with a high-calibur player. Barring injury, the o-line is in really good shape now. Possibly the best it's been since the Gross and Wharton era. 

If Hurney can find an average Nickel and an average FS in free agency, I would give that f'er GM of the year.

Draft young talent dictated by how the pieces fall and the strengths/weaknesses of the draft class, and not based on need - period. No team has above average players at every position. Coaches have to earn their paycheck and coach around a couple of weaknesses and mismatches. That's the job of OCs and DCs - exploit advantages and mask disadvantages. 

This^^^^^

10 hours ago, Jeremy Igo said:

Really solid free agency so far.

Get younger - check

Lose dead weight players - check

Shore up offensive line - check

Allows for the Panthers to focus on defense in the draft filled with defensive talent.

So far, so good folks. If Cam's shoulder holds up we may have a shot. 

Lost kalil but torrey is dead weight still here. Some will argue shaq too.

1 minute ago, carpanfan96 said:

Correct, his salary is just 5m base with no guarantees. 

I'd rather have the space now but being able to open it up with the stroke of a pen should we need it for anything really isn't that bad. I still don't expect him on the 53 week 1 because it can become guaranteed at that point assuming Torrey has yet to use his 1 time early termination pay option.

Archived