• Welcome!

Register and log in easily with Twitter or Google accounts!

Or simply create a new Huddle account. 

Members receive fewer ads , access our dark theme, and the ability to join the discussion!

What is the best case scenerio for the Panthers this season?

Jeremy Igo

If all our transactions are golden and Cam completely recovers then we'll be in a dogfight with the Saints for the NFCS title. With the right draft and FA pieces and a healthy Cam we have enough to make the playoffs imo.

If Cam's shoulder falls apart at any point before the tail end of the season, then we're looking at sub .500 imo. It's your choice as to how you want to think things are going to pan out, but I'd rather try to stay positive for the time being. I'll stay positive until I see Cam struggling to throw the ball. 2019 could easily be a lost season and the end of the Cam era, but I'm expecting a healthy Cam. 

7 hours ago, Raleigh PF said:

The other three talking points have some fairly binary resolutions to them, but this one...

I'm not sure where KK is going to get the motivation this year. Most of the veteran leadership on the defensive side of the ball is gone. Who is going to be the leader who will call KK out when he doesn't show the stuff he had a couple of years back. It certainly won't be Poe. Reid *might* be the guy, but has he been around long enough to take such a role? Kuechly is a leader by example, not necessarily by getting in someone's face.

Couple that with the fact that the defense, for all it's warts, hasn't really changed. Same personnel with maybe a few new wrinkles, but Washington is still the de facto defensive coordinator. 

I'm more concerned about the DLine now than ever and do not think this point is going to be answered satisfactorily, but I'm not sure what the Panthers could do to change this.

Kuechly will absolutely get in someone's face... there have been several examples over the years. He won't talk to the media about it, but he will absolutely call guys out who are not performing. 

10 hours ago, stbugs said:

Kalil’s deal is off the books. We are done. If he stays it’s new money we owe. There are no guarantees unless he’s on the roster after Thursday and there is no way to make the dead cap change. We’ve paid out $25m and we’ve only had $10m in cap hits so far so the $14.7m we haven’t booked yet is the dead cap and whether Kalil is with us or not, it’s exactly the same.

Again, it is more expensive for us by $7.25m if we keep him this year.

I'm going to fully admit I have no idea what his contract status is and I completely trusting you on this one. Thank you for the write up. 

Archived