• Welcome!

Register and log in easily with Twitter or Google accounts!

Or simply create a new Huddle account. 

Members receive fewer ads , access our dark theme, and the ability to join the discussion!

Bye Bye Love

Jeremy Igo

1 minute ago, Proudiddy said:

Sad, but ultimately inconsequential...  our issues on the DL begin and start with overpaying and underperforming Short (and to a lesser degree, Poe).  We can't fix that by overpaying an overachiever. 

And again, as quick as Hurney was to gainal a bad rep for paying players, Gettlemqn has largely gotten a pass for his horrible investments - Short, extended Trai instead of Norwell, Kalil, Shepard, etc.  We aren't over the cap, but we have more holes than we do money or assets to fill them.

The fug is wrong with trai? We got lucky to have both Norwell and Turner in the same line. You weren't going to keep both of them. I don't understand why Gettleman gets so much poo for this. 

1 minute ago, ncfan said:

This offseason has the most glaring holes since 2010.  

Hurney bwtter pull some magic off or this could get ugly and this train will begin to roll off the tracks the way it did his last time here

The worst thing he could do is overpay FAs with almost no cap to work with imo. Especially because it seems like they are keeping kalil,  torrey, and shaq. We need to somehow get out of being cap strapped every offseason

14 minutes ago, Ivan The Awesome said:

The fug is wrong with trai? We got lucky to have both Norwell and Turner in the same line. You weren't going to keep both of them. I don't understand why Gettleman gets so much poo for this. 

Maybe personal preference, but imo, Norwell was better, hands down.  Trai is average, and doesn't bring the same attitude and nasty streak that Norwell did.  I have non-Panther fan friends who have watched our games and notice Trai for all the wrong reasons as well.  My issues with him started in the Superbowl when Cam was getting cheapshotted and I watched Trai look at him on the ground, shrug his shoulders and walk away.

22 minutes ago, bull123 said:

Yes we have bigger problems...did you not watch us play LY

My comment was a statement, not a question. And yes, I watched all of the games and saw our defense struggle mightily. The question is, did of our horsesh!t front office watch the games.

42 minutes ago, Proudiddy said:

Maybe personal preference, but imo, Norwell was better, hands down.  Trai is average, and doesn't bring the same attitude and nasty streak that Norwell did.  I have non-Panther fan friends who have watched our games and notice Trai for all the wrong reasons as well.  My issues with him started in the Superbowl when Cam was getting cheapshotted and I watched Trai look at him on the ground, shrug his shoulders and walk away.

This. I would LOVE to have Norwell on Trai's contract and Star on his current contract. I agreed with both calls at the time, but in hindsight we chose wrong on the Norwell/Turner and Star/Short calls.

I'm going to hate to see Love go, but the guy deserves a better paycheck. He deserved KK Short's paycheck AND Dontari Poe's last year. Fat guy came off the bench and outperformed both of those guys. He played like it mattered to him.

KK Short hasn't been any good since linemen figured out which of his eyes was the one to watch and see where he was looking. Get the man a dark visor and he might be dangerous again, but I doubt he'll try hard as long as the big checks keep coming his way. Poe... meh, he needs to work harder next year.

Archived