• Welcome!

Register and log in easily with Twitter or Google accounts!

Or simply create a new Huddle account. 

Members receive fewer ads , access our dark theme, and the ability to join the discussion!

Just an opinion...

Jeremy Igo

If a player has proven himself only ever to be a special teams player and not good enough for defense or offense, he has proven he is a waste of a roster spot.

Special teams should be filled with guys that play well and show the potential to play offense or defense eventually.

It seems like it is a waste of a roster spot. I know special teams are necessary but maybe some of the better players don't put there all into special teams? Maybe the players that make special teams know that is the only way they can make a team and give it there all. Just a thought. 

I disagree. Look at Matthew Slater. Some players are worth their one dimensional limitations. Not saying it should be the standard but having one special teams ace that can be an emergency back up is fine with me.

4 minutes ago, Dex said:

I disagree. Look at Matthew Slater. Some players are worth their one dimensional limitations. Not saying it should be the standard but having one special teams ace that can be an emergency back up is fine with me.

This. Jones is very good at special teams, a unit that played very well last year and can contribute in emergency third string safety/heavy nickelback package/blitz packages 

1 minute ago, Moo Daeng said:

The Pats seem to really dig the special teams ace players.

I have no issue with the concept. 

BB is in love with ST's.

Infatuated with left footed punters, can talk about the kicking game all day, has fielded back to back HOF place kickers....

Archived