• Welcome!

Register and log in easily with Twitter or Google accounts!

Or simply create a new Huddle account. 

Members receive fewer ads , access our dark theme, and the ability to join the discussion!

Question about Bortles as backup.

top dawg

Now before you dismiss the thought out of hand, listen (and hold your nose if you must). This is one of my outside the box thoughts.

Assuming that the rumors are right and the Jags go all-in on and acquire Nick Foles, once they release Blake Bottles (I don't see anyone sane taking on his insane cap number), how would you guys feel about making a run at him as a backup for Cam?  Mind you, he is not the ideal option, but I don't necessarily see any ideal options, but he has plenty of experience being the guy, and he has had a certain amount of success. Perhaps both Turners could help him become more consistent, and Bottles does have some mobility. Perhaps there wouldn't have to be as drastic a change if Cam can't play.

Serious replies are encouraged.

7 minutes ago, top dawg said:

Is he though? How much of the Jags problem was Bortles, and how much was the overall situation?

Bortles is a bad QB. I suggest you watch his film. He was holding them back for the past 2 years. Even for cheap I wouldn't want him as a backup he sucks.

I think you want him because of the name. If you really watch him as a player you would realize he is not accurate and he has a weak arm. Not what we need.

8 minutes ago, Trill OG said:

Bortles is a bad QB. I suggest you watch his film. He was holding them back for the past 2 years. Even for cheap I wouldn't want him as a backup he sucks.

I think you want him because of the name. If you really watch him as a player you would realize he is not accurate and he has a weak arm. Not what we need.

Where did I say that I wanted him? This is simply a hypothetical.

I know that he has been inconsistent, looked downright bad at times, amid some good. So did Nick Foles before he was jettisoned out of Philly the first time. I also know that Bortles hasn't been done any favors down in Jacksonville. I also know, or at least believe, that we have some guys that can make a QB look better. Hence the thread.

48 minutes ago, top dawg said:

Now before you dismiss the thought out of hand, listen (and hold your nose if you must). This is one of my outside the box thoughts.

Assuming that the rumors are right and the Jags go all-in on and acquire Nick Foles, once they release Blake Bottles (I don't see anyone sane taking on his insane cap number), how would you guys feel about making a run at him as a backup for Cam?  Mind you, he is not the ideal option, but I don't necessarily see any ideal options, but he has plenty of experience being the guy, and he has had a certain amount of success. Perhaps both Turners could help him become more consistent, and Bottles does have some mobility. Perhaps there wouldn't have to be as drastic a change if Cam can't play.

Serious replies are encouraged.

I dismissed and did not read. He wont be cheap. He will end up in cincy or buffalo.

Archived