• Welcome!

Register and log in easily with Twitter or Google accounts!

Or simply create a new Huddle account. 

Members receive fewer ads , access our dark theme, and the ability to join the discussion!

Around the league FA moves

ncfan

1 hour ago, LinvilleGorge said:

Ogbah would be a decent rotational piece. He's similar to Wes Horton. Then again, we could simply bring back Horton on a cap friendly contract and not give up any trade compensation.

I think that is our move. He is consistent. He has been in the system. Sign him. See if cox Jr or Obada improve at all. Draft at least two DEs. 

Just now, imminent rogaine said:

I think that is our move. He is consistent. He has been in the system. Sign him. See if cox Jr or Obada improve at all. Draft at least two DEs. 

I think so too. He isn't exciting, but he's a decent rotational piece, especially against the run. 

43 minutes ago, Peppers90 NC said:

Bridgewater still considering Miami apparently 

Yep

I thought itd be hard for them to resign him with their Cap

Will be sweet seeing him walk after they just traded a pick in this draft for him

On 3/12/2019 at 7:59 PM, uncfan888 said:

@*FreeFua* and his browns going all out if this Odell Beckham thing is true

I know it's chic to talk about the Browns being the dominant power in the universe (thank you., Governor Tarkin) but this sounds somewhat...familiar.

There have been a few supposed "dream teams" in recent history.  Some years back, it was the Dolphins. Another year, the Eagles.  Even the Saints were the "it" squad for a season.  And yeah, there have been others. But what all of those teams had in common was that they wound up being disappointments.

Likewise, free agency of late has been rife with super unbelievable signings and trades, two of them involving one particular player.  "Jimmy Graham to the Seahawks? Holy crap! They're gonna win it all." They didn't, thanks in large part to us. Then in 2018, "Holy crap again! Jimmy Graham catching passes from Aaron Rodgers?  They'll be unstoppable!" They weren't.

And now, it's the Browns.

To be honest, I've also seen the whole "Wow, the Browns are gonna be great this year" story before. Somehow, they always seem to find a way to disappoint. So I don't know.  Maybe they'll actually live up to the hype. It'd certainly be a welcome change from the "Factory of Sadness".

Still, I can't help thinking I've seen this movie before.

37 minutes ago, Mr. Scot said:

I know it's chic to talk about the Browns being the dominant power in the universe (thank you., Governor Tarkin) but this sounds somewhat...familiar.

There have been a few supposed "dream teams" in recent history.  Some years back, it was the Dolphins. Another year, the Eagles.  Even the Saints were the "it" squad for a season.  And yeah, there have been others. But what all of those teams had in common was that they wound up being disappointments.

Likewise, free agency of late has been rife with super unbelievable signings and trades, two of them involving one particular player.  "Jimmy Graham to the Seahawks? Holy crap! They're gonna win it all." They didn't, thanks in large part to us. Then in 2018, "Holy crap again! Jimmy Graham catching passes from Aaron Rodgers?  They'll be unstoppable!" They weren't.

And now, it's the Browns.

To be honest, I've also seen the whole "Wow, the Browns are gonna be great this year" story before. Somehow, they always seem to find a way to disappoint. So I don't know.  Maybe they'll actually live up to the hype. It'd certainly be a welcome change from the "Factory of Sadness".

Still, I can't help thinking I've seen this movie before.

Yep its the Doodoo until it isn’t.

still, Baker seems like the real deal, and having Odell and Jarvis to play pitch and catch with would make anyone’s job easier. Toss in a defense, number 1 pick run game, and they haven’t even drafted yet—

all the ingredients are there. Now they just have to make a really good pie.

so will that be nice warm apple pie or will it be shitonashingle?

1 minute ago, JARROD said:

Yep its the Doodoo until it isn’t.

still, Baker seems like the real deal, and having Odell and Jarvis to play pitch and catch with would make anyone’s job easier. Toss in a defense, number 1 pick run game, and they haven’t even drafted yet—

all the ingredients are there. Now they just have to make a really good pie.

so will that be nice warm apple pie or will it be shitonashingle?

I mean, it's possible. The Red Sox were perennial anvil to the Yankees hammer for a long time, but one day it changed.

The Cubs winning it all was just a gag in Back to the Future, until it wasn't.

Still, maybe it's the skeptic in me, but I'm not ready to go place that bet just yet.

One other Browns note: Former Browns DT Phil Taylor today announced his retirement.

Yeah...

Taylor never really amounted to much, but he's memorable for being the first player taken with one of the five picks Cleveland got from Atlanta when they traded up for Julio Jones.

Not a single one of those picks ended up panning out.

I know it's a different regime now, but stuff like this is what I think of when I hear people say the Browns can't possibly fail this year.

Archived