• Welcome!

Register and log in easily with Twitter or Google accounts!

Or simply create a new Huddle account. 

Members receive fewer ads , access our dark theme, and the ability to join the discussion!

Around the league FA moves

ncfan

13 minutes ago, Palmetto said:

I think Mayock is there to keep Gruden in check

Mayock would trade down before drafting a player he doesn't like early. my opinion

Damn, I'd hate to see it if there was no one to keep the situation in check. They've already traded for Antonio Brown and given his nearly $20M per year. They've already made Trent Brown the highest paid OL in NFL history and if they land Bell he'll likely be the highest paid RB in NFL history. Restraint doesn't seem to be in their vocabulary right now.

1 minute ago, LinvilleGorge said:

Damn, I'd hate to see it if there was no one to keep the situation in check. They've already traded for Antonio Brown and given his nearly $20M per year. They've already made Trent Brown the highest paid OL in NFL history and if they land Bell he'll likely be the highest paid RB in NFL history. Restraint doesn't seem to be in their vocabulary right now.

I was talking draft wise

but i dont think anyonebis complaining about giving up a 3rd and a 5th for Brown and i believe ( could be wrong ) the Steelers are paying Brown this season

6 minutes ago, TheSpecialJuan said:

Watch Gettleman offer him 3 years $45 million. 

They paid Nate Soldier bug money last year

Just traded for a big money OG

Just resigned their center

Amd didnt even look at a OL in the first wave

Dont see Gettleman throwing big money at him

2 minutes ago, Palmetto said:

I was talking draft wise

but i dont think anyonebis complaining about giving up a 3rd and a 5th for Brown and i believe ( could be wrong ) the Steelers are paying Brown this season

You can do a lot more damage a lot quicker throwing aroind huge money in FA than you can in the draft. At least you're not slaughtering your cap space in the draft.

2 minutes ago, LinvilleGorge said:

You can do a lot more damage a lot quicker throwing aroind huge money in FA than you can in the draft. At least you're not slaughtering your cap space in the draft.

Maybe they want to make a big splash before Vegas

Just now, Palmetto said:

Maybe they want to make a big splash before Vegas

Maybe. I get the AB deal. But Trent Brown? How do teams get fooled by Pats OTs? The entire offense is built around getting the ball out quickly. It's a very OT friendly system. If you want to pressure TB the pressure better come up the middle because the ball is gone before edge rushers can get there. The Pats traded a 3rd for Brown and a 5th less than a year ago. Now he's the highest paid OL In NFL history? And the Pats will get that 3rd right back in the form of a comp pick next year. They basically got Brown and an extra 5th for a year for nothing. They really are playing chess while everyone else plays checkers.

8 minutes ago, stbugs said:

Well that’s stupid. We could free up $12m in Kalil and Smith, $15m with Searcy. I don’t want to restructure Short. We can save $14m in 2020 by cutting Short after this year. We can save $10m in Poe in 2020. For Kalil we’d save another $6m in 2020. That gives us $80m in 2020 cap space assuming we make the cuts I want to make and roll over $10m. That’s with Luke, Cam and all the young guys still under contract. If we play FA smart this year, well have another 5 picks in the first 100 of 2020’s draft with two 3rd round comps. We don’t have to go crazy but that’s enough money with a young core to grab a couple studs.

Making Short less easy to cut next year is dumb. He was ineffective last year and he might get back but he’s not worth the contract. We can’t cut him this year or we’ll be atrocious on defense.

This. We have cap space if we want it. We'd just rather hang onto overpaid JAGs. Absolutely do NOT touch Short's contract. The last thing we need to do is give him more guaranteed money that we can't get out of.

28 minutes ago, Palmetto said:

e53019c4-04b0-4622-998f-6a433156ae20.png

Browns tried to trade for him last year, college teammates and BFF with Jarvis Landry

Ravens desperately need a WR

Bengals don't have a big need at WR

Steelers just got rid of 1 diva WR, dont see them going after another

Archived