• Welcome!

Register and log in easily with Twitter or Google accounts!

Or simply create a new Huddle account. 

Members receive fewer ads , access our dark theme, and the ability to join the discussion!

Around the league FA moves

ncfan

7iNueHDC_bigger.jpgTom PelisseroVerified account @TomPelissero
FollowFollow @TomPelissero
More

Tom Pelissero Retweeted Mike Garafolo

Got the full numbers on the Mitch Morse deal with the #Bills and it’s a whopper: four years, $44.5 million with $26.5 million guaranteed. He gets $19.5M in Year 1 and $28.375M by Year 2. The $11.125M APY is the new bar for centers.

1 hour ago, Tepper's Chest Hair said:

I absolutely hated him on MNF.  But because of all the crap he got during the season, I found this interesting.

And Gruden still has Derek around to blame if the season isn’t up to expectations,... and another 1st rounder next year to use to jump up for a QB.

great situation

4 minutes ago, TheSpecialJuan said:

If we want a new Center, we're going to have to draft him. 

Yep. I highly doubt we're going to be able to afford an upgrade over Larsen in FA. Larsen honestly isn't bad. I would absolutely be okay with taking any of the top 3 center prospects at #47, but OT has to be considered our #1 OL priority and honestly, I'd consider LG and C fairly equal in need. I think Larsen > Van Roten so add a starting caliber interior OL prospect and play him wherever he's best suited and play Larsen at the other spot. I honestly think we would've played Larsen at LG last year if we didn't half expect Ryan Kalil to get hurt again and didn't want to be put in a situation where one injury would impact two spots by having to slide Larsen over to C and also work Van Roten into the starting lineup at LG at the same time.

It's clear this will be a rebuild year. We don't have nearly the money to upgrade to a playoff team. Williams will be gone shortly and we will have holes all over the place heading into the draft. Definitely not a good year to be poor.

Archived