• Welcome!

Register and log in easily with Twitter or Google accounts!

Or simply create a new Huddle account. 

Members receive fewer ads , access our dark theme, and the ability to join the discussion!

Around the league FA moves

ncfan

Just now, Tepper's Chest Hair said:

But you wanted what...3-4 other starters cut you gave no explanation on how to replace other than the draft?

If Poe, Kalil, Shaq are all gone, and we still need at least 1 starting EDGE..along with probably 1 more starting OL...and we spend it all on HoneyBadger/Collins  We aren't signing for depth.  We are signing/drafting for starters.

You just said 25 mil for them. That would have us at about 15 left. You spend that on the replacements. I'll take the best secondary in the league, and after the draft you have a starter on the edge in most likely cleland from clemson at 16. The rest of the draft on the o line. This isn't hard to figure out. 

3 minutes ago, Unionpanther said:

You just said 25 mil for them. That would have us at about 15 left. You spend that on the replacements. I'll take the best secondary in the league, and after the draft you have a starter on the edge in most likely cleland from clemson at 16. The rest of the draft on the o line. This isn't hard to figure out. 

Cutting Poe, Kalil (ignoring his deadcap which is listed at 14m, even though his salary is 12), Shaq, Smith, and Searcy is just under 32m in cap space.  Signing HoneyBadger/Collins takes about 27m of that.  So we would...hypothetically, have 5m or less left over.

I wonder how many LB, OL, and DL starters I can get for 5-8 million total.  Which once again means we need to find 3-4 day 1 starters in the draft.

Who was screaming to sign Matthieu/Collins? A franchise that has never spent big money in safeties isnt all of a sudden going to sign two big money safeties.

Anyone who understands football knew we wouldn't even consider Collins after re-signing Reid. They're redundant. Yes, Collins is better but they play a similar role in a defense.

1 minute ago, bull123 said:

Flowers rumored to get $17m a yr for 5 years

insane

Gotta give it up to NE, they know when told hold them and when to fold them. Can't give Trent Brown and Trey Flowers the money then got. When will teams learn that NE OTs are like Eagles backup QBs. Pure fool's gold. That entire Pat's offense is predicated on getting the ball out quickly. It makes life easy on OTs.

Archived