• Welcome!

Register and log in easily with Twitter or Google accounts!

Or simply create a new Huddle account. 

Members receive fewer ads , access our dark theme, and the ability to join the discussion!

Around the league FA moves

ncfan

Anyone thinking we were signing any of these big name guys i.e. Landon Collins, Flowers, etc.  were sadly mistaken.  We have roughly $15 mill in CAP space and these guys are getting more than that a year for these contracts.  Absurd what 1 contract takes to sky rocket the rest of the league.  Kind of hilarious. 

We dumpster diving again for the big holes at Tackle, DE, S, and LB.  Going to be to interesting to see maybe by Day 3 of FA whos left.  Then that's when you should check Huddle. 

27 minutes ago, Unionpanther said:

If the world was fair then the headlines would be, panthers release poe,speedbump, shaq,smith,and searcy. Then the Wednesday headlines read panthers sign honeybadger to play the hybrid role, Landon Collins, and any right tackle that can stay healthy with moton going to lt. Draft day goes de, dl, center, tackle. Suddenly we have a chance.......... but that vet leadership though!

It would be fair for panthers to grab HoneyBadger/Collins at 25+m/year combined?

1 minute ago, Catufb85 said:

Anyone thinking we were signing any of these big name guys i.e. Landon Collins, Flowers, etc.  were sadly mistaken.  We have roughly $15 mill in CAP space and these guys are getting more than that a year for these contracts.  Absurd what 1 contract takes to sky rocket the rest of the league.  Kind of hilarious. 

We dumpster diving again for the big holes at Tackle, DE, S, and LB.  Going to be to interesting to see maybe by Day 3 of FA whos left.  Then that's when you should check Huddle. 

But that 5 mil to Torry Smith is holding us back at getting Collins for 16m/year or Flowers for 17-18m/year!

5 minutes ago, Tepper's Chest Hair said:

It would be fair for panthers to grab HoneyBadger/Collins at 25+m/year combined?

Cut the people I suggested, spend the 25 mil on them, and draft an edge rusher. You suddenly have the scariest secondary and a hard to move line. So yes it would be worth it. 

2 minutes ago, Unionpanther said:

Cut the people I suggested, spend the 25 mil on them, and draft an edge rusher. You suddenly have the scariest secondary and a hard to move line. So yes it would be worth it. 

Ok.  And we still have to replace them.  We have no depth.  No Oline.  No LBs.  No Dline.  And if we hit on every single one of our draft picks, and draft 4 starters, we still have zero depth.

1 minute ago, Tepper's Chest Hair said:

Ok.  And we still have to replace them.  We have no depth.  No Oline.  No LBs.  No Dline.  And if we hit on every single one of our draft picks, and draft 4 starters, we still have zero depth.

So paying out the ass for average at best players is your solution? No wonder I never posted here in the past lol. You either go big on the best. Or keep having to hope and pray on mediocrity and injuries to other teams. No wonder our team sucks lol the fans are just glad we have a team

1 minute ago, Unionpanther said:

So paying out the ass for average at best players is your solution? No wonder I never posted here in the past lol. You either go big on the best. Or keep having to hope and pray on mediocrity and injuries to other teams. No wonder our team sucks lol the fans are just glad we have a team

I didn't say that was my solution.  But a solution that hinges on "lets hope we get 4-5 day 1 starters in a single draft" isn't any better.

Just now, Tepper's Chest Hair said:

I didn't say that was my solution.  But a solution that hinges on "lets hope we get 4-5 day 1 starters in a single draft" isn't any better.

If we had cut everyone we should have then we would have been at around 40 mil on cap. Spend big on 2 playmakers, and then sign depth. We had the means, but the idiot running the clown show makes his usual vet leadership moves.

Just now, Unionpanther said:

If we had cut everyone we should have then we would have been at around 40 mil on cap. Spend big on 2 playmakers, and then sign depth. We had the means, but the idiot running the clown show makes his usual vet leadership moves.

But you wanted what...3-4 other starters cut you gave no explanation on how to replace other than the draft?

If Poe, Kalil, Shaq are all gone, and we still need at least 1 starting EDGE..along with probably 1 more starting OL...and we spend it all on HoneyBadger/Collins  We aren't signing for depth.  We are signing/drafting for starters.

Archived