• Welcome!

Register and log in easily with Twitter or Google accounts!

Or simply create a new Huddle account. 

Members receive fewer ads , access our dark theme, and the ability to join the discussion!

Drafting an OT in round 1 is by far our best option.

Jeremy Igo

Here’s a shot out of a cannon. Does anyone know how Kalil would perform if moved to LG? Does he have the functional strength to take on DT’s? 

If the Panthers are intent on keeping Kalil, kick him inside, slide Moton to LT, sign Paradis, and draft a RT.

Would never happen with our front office but it’s a thought.

1 minute ago, Seoul_Panther said:

Let’s start with learn how to post normally.

Here we go again....

So multiple people took your words a certain way, but it’s their fault for just reacting to what you said. 

How many times have you TOLD me that I don’t think RR can be a LT. Or anything? You said it twice!!! 

What’s your question about my opinion? It was a good discussion until you started fantasizing about having knowledge of football and stuck your foot in your mouth. But that’s our fault too Right? 

And just because every time you step on your dick by showing your lack of football knowledge, don’t blame me and others for your delusions. 

You can forget PMs, it started here and it will end on here. Is that passive or aggressive? I get so confused? 

I don’t think you realize how far you have went to avoid saying maybe I was mistaken. I had to fill you in on what seems to be a favorite of yours. Seems you would have known he is passed over constantly for others. 

21 minutes ago, KDawg004 said:

Here’s a shot out of a cannon. Does anyone know how Kalil would perform if moved to LG? Does he have the functional strength to take on DT’s? 

If the Panthers are intent on keeping Kalil, kick him inside, slide Moton to LT, sign Paradis, and draft a RT.

Would never happen with our front office but it’s a thought.

Someone on the Huddle mentioned this before. To me that's the only way he stays on the roster this season. Kalil could actually be a great LG as his struggles are primarily with speed edge rushers. 

4 hours ago, SOJA said:

I really believe either Jonah Williams or Clelin Ferrel will unexpectedly fall to 16 and they will be our pick.

I actually have a lot of faith in Hurney when drafting top tier OT talent. Gross speaks for himself. Also Jeff Otah, who was a beast, but just couldn't stay healthy and had some motivation issues. 

Hurney has been here for 12 drafts and I think only selected 1 really good tackle, and one that went bust after 2 seasons due to injury.

I may be forgetting someone, but not off the top of my head.

10 minutes ago, Davidson Deac II said:

IMO, you draft bpa at a position of need.  Hopefully the best player available is a DE or a Tackle.  

Never would have drafted Stewart or Keuchley taking that approach. In my opinion BPA is just that, except QB. Drafting a QB in the first would cause more problems than solutions when you already have a franchise QB. 

34 minutes ago, Davidson Deac II said:

IMO, you draft bpa at a position of need.  Hopefully the best player available is a DE or a Tackle.  

Only position on this team that I would have major issues with at 16 are QB, RB, MLB.

I wouldn't be real happy with DT or OLB there, but if a DT or OLB is the highest graded there I would be somewhat OK with it.

Everything else if fair game on this team.

32 minutes ago, Navy_football said:

Never would have drafted Stewart or Keuchley taking that approach. In my opinion BPA is just that, except QB. Drafting a QB in the first would cause more problems than solutions when you already have a franchise QB. 

Maybe with Stewart, although since the staff wanted to go with rotating backs in a run heavy offense, it might have been considered by the GM and Coaching staff as a position of need.  But irt MLB, Beason was coming off an Achilles tendon injury, and we were very unsure of his status.  So it was a position of need.

3 minutes ago, thefuzz said:

Only position on this team that I would have major issues with at 16 are QB, RB, MLB.

I wouldn't be real happy with DT or OLB there, but if a DT or OLB is the highest graded there I would be somewhat OK with it.

Everything else if fair game on this team.

Agreed, we have several positions of need.  Although the need for some is greater than others. :)

7 hours ago, ncfan said:

Jonah Williams- can play LT

And

Jawaan Taylor- only experienced RT, and people question him even being able to move to LT.  As LT at Florida was not good and they left Taylor on the RT.

Say Taylor is there at 16 (and Williams isn't). Do you grab him and let him and Moton compete for LT? I think that Moton could be pretty good there, and he practiced it last preseason until DW went down. My preference, though would be to keep him at RT where I KNOW he's good.

I would, because I think that we can still find a bona fide pass rusher at 47 and keeping Cam in 1 piece is the most important thing we can do to win.

For the record, I wouldn't mind drafting a project tackle in the 4th or 5th as well (yes I know there are a lot of holes to fill, but our o-line depth is dismal) because Moton is going to be chasing a big payday after 2020.  

Archived