• Welcome!

Register and log in easily with Twitter or Google accounts!

Or simply create a new Huddle account. 

Members receive fewer ads , access our dark theme, and the ability to join the discussion!

Drafting an OT in round 1 is by far our best option.

Jeremy Igo

3 hours ago, Black&BlueBubba said:

I know you watched Dillard in person at the senior bowl.  I watched the practices online and he wasn’t that bad.  What’s your overall take on Dillard not being worthy?  

I know you keep posting this one clip.  But in the same regard I could post the Ferrell clip of him pancaking Jonah in the championship game.  

Both of these are just one play. 

Sat through the practices as well

Here's another clip from the game as well

He has good foot quickness, good length, and tools, but its a big project.  Reminds me aot of the kid from Indiana who the packers drafted rd2 who some people around here really wanted.

He has foot quickness, that what people drooled at the combine in shorts, thats what had people excited right off the bat at the senior bowl practice.  

The offense he ran at WSU was full out spread 4-5 wide, and they hardly even ran the ball (believe there was 1-2 games where they didn't even have a rushing attempt)  with that offense it made it easier, spreading everyone out means less rusher.  He rarely saw much.

And that showed.  Once they got to the actual scrimmage portion of the practice.

In the scrimmages he looked....well Bad.  One of the practices Ximines the ODU prospect, lined up as a 3-4OLB and just flat beat him. Not once, not twice, but 3 consecutive plays.  On the 3rd one, Dillard knew he was beat and grabbed on for dear life (about as blatant as a hold you can make) it was actually the only real play all week in the practices where they actually blew the play dead on the spot of the penalty.

Now the game portion.

Play 1, the very first play.  He was pushed on a bull rush like a sled right into the QB, where the QB was lucky to even get it off and made a good play.  After that, the staff drew over the LSU TE to help him block 80% the rest of the game.  

If they dont think he can block that well by himself in a seniorbowl game.  How the he11 do you expect him to block Cam Jordan 1on1?  You arent drafting a OT at 16 where your going to need TE help at all times ala Kalil.

His Seniorbowl week was so bad that it exposed and tanked his stock.

https://thedraftnetwork.com/articles/marino-s-pre-combine-big-board--top-200

49th 

https://thedraftnetwork.com/articles/sikkema-s-pre-combine-big-board--top-200

92nd

https://thedraftnetwork.com/articles/ledyard-s-2019-pre-combine-big-board--top-200

41st

https://thedraftnetwork.com/articles/crabbs--2019-updated-big-board--top-200

125th

https://thedraftnetwork.com/prospect-rankings

139th

He was top 15 prior

He just went to the combine where he showed all his footquickness again in his gym shorts that drew the hype the start of seniorbowl week.

Im not looking at the false timing and stuff

He has upside but is more of a project 

This kid will get Cam killed next year

6 minutes ago, Seoul_Panther said:

Nope. You’re not. I stated my preferences at the time of the draft of CMC. You assumed that I still hold that to be true. Now THAT is a fact. 

I believe that Ramzyck will be NO’s tackle of the future. You don’t. Again perfectly fine. The reason Brown comes into this conversation is because YOU suggested him as a solution. A seventh round pick, who has played one season in NE’s quick release scheme and previously played RT which is the very position that you are simultaneously arguing Ramzyck won’t be able to transition to. You use hindsight and act as though Brown is good value as a high ticket FA which we can’t afford, the same mistake you are so happy to criticize in Kalil. Do you not see the inconsistency of your position?

I never pretend that I am always right-if you believe I am then you misread me. in fact in my first post I admit I was wrong about CMC. My post was only EVER intended to be a comment on draft value of the position. You’re the one making declarative statements here. And being condescending which is a theme with you. 

12 minutes ago, Seoul_Panther said:

Nothing you wrote suggested anything but you would have/ and we should have taken RR. I wasn’t the only one who responded. So don’t blame others for not interpreting your backpatting in a positive way. 

Once again, show me where I’ve said one word about his play? One word? Playing time stays aren’t an evaluation. IDGAF if he is or isn’t their LT ever. You obviously have an attachment. 

I treat people with the same respect they show me. Posting half-truths to prop yourself up and getting upset when called on it. Yep. That’s when the condescending comes a flowing. Then “you were doing so good” from a person that made the mistake and wouldn’t admit it. That took the cake. How about getting it straight before you brag next time. 

You can notice exactly where the tone changed. We were having a good talk til you “went rogue”.

43 minutes ago, UncleWillie said:

Tepper mentioned how bad the O-Line was last year but didn't mention much about the defense. Seems like Marty and Co. will take the hint and go with an OT and C/LG early.

We have 2 starting linemen, and both play to the right of the center  position.   I expect a free  agent C, a "free for all" at  LG, and a drafted LT.

However, the draft is very solid at C, weak  at T.

1 hour ago, tiger7_88 said:

But that would mean cutting some of Ron's sainted and blessed veterans, right?

On that fanspeak that everyone likes for draft playing, I played with the cap and free agents. The cap starts at 15 million now. All I did was cut Torrey, Shaq and a few others, restructured Short and Cam, and boom it was at $60 million cap space.

hell I went shopping for FA like Joyner after that. I don’t know how accurate the over the cap software is but I suspect it’s pretty easy for us with a few moves to have a whole lot more cap space. 

1 hour ago, Toomers said:

Nothing you wrote suggested anything but you would have/ and we should have taken RR. I wasn’t the only one who responded. So don’t blame others for not interpreting your backpatting in a positive way. 

I did say that I would have taken RR although not necessarily at 7. I do believe that RR will turn out to be an LT in future. It is true that in my first reference to RR I described him as a franchise LT when he hasn’t yet proved it. He has played there for NO in spot duty. All of this is correct. I DO take exception to you and others putting words in my mouth to feed your own sense of self worth and create a false narrative. If you think I’m backpatting on this idea then essentially you’re arguing with yourself.

Once again, show me where I’ve said one word about his play? One word? Playing time stays aren’t an evaluation. IDGAF if he is or isn’t their LT ever. You obviously have an attachment. 

Where did this come from? Quote me because I honestly have no clue what you’re on about. Naturally you end with an assumption here. BTW you still haven’t explained your total inconsistency in opinion on Brown. Not that I expect you to since you just like to rip other people.

I treat people with the same respect they show me. Posting half-truths to prop yourself up and getting upset when called on it. Yep. That’s when the condescending comes a flowing. Then “you were doing so good” from a person that made the mistake and wouldn’t admit it. That took the cake. How about getting it straight before you brag next time. 

Seriously? This isn’t the Nuremberg trials it’s a sports forum. I have no problem with people disagreeing with me. And bragging? Are you delusional?

You can notice exactly where the tone changed. We were having a good talk til you “went rogue”.

I don’t think you realize how passive/aggressive you are in posts sometimes. I suppose I shouldn’t expect you to see that. 

Pm me if you wish to continue this thread. There is no need to derail it further.

4 hours ago, Jeremy Igo said:

Pray that one of the top two OT prospects fall to 16 in the draft. It is by far our best case scenerio for this year and the years to come. Take a look around at the money they are getting currently. There is no way the Panthers could afford a decent free agent this season. Drafting a 5 year starter on the relative cheap is the way to go. 

Yes, defensive end is a priority, but there are far more strategic options in pressuring a QB with average defensive ends than protecting a QB with a horrible left tackle. 

In short, please for the love of all that is holy draft a LT. 

Love,

JI

Completely agree 

Hurney will draft Jonah Williams, Jawaan Taylor or Andre Dillard before he drafts a DE at 16.

2 hours ago, rayzor said:

The whole focus of the off-season should be getting what we need to protect our QB and attack the other team's QB. OL and pass rushers. That's it. Get better there and we're better everywhere.

This 1st 3 rounds should be using this thinking..

Archived