• Welcome!

Register and log in easily with Twitter or Google accounts!

Or simply create a new Huddle account. 

Members receive fewer ads , access our dark theme, and the ability to join the discussion!

Drafting an OT in round 1 is by far our best option.

Jeremy Igo

6 minutes ago, Toomers said:

Sorry. You made, and repeated misleading information. I put some context to it. Anything I said false or not a fact about Ramcyck. 

None. Taylor is intriguing, but I can’t risk a 1st on a guy who may be only able  play the one position I got  covered.  Not taking a RT that high even if we move Moton. And I’ve said for months their isn’t a NFL average LT in this class. I got blasted. Williams is not a LT. Littlei is lazy. Taylor is an unknown. Now, that’s the question posed about all of them. Dillard will get thrown into QBs. Literally. 

It’s harder to find a competent QB than a competent LT. 

When actual good LTs start negotiating. 15/yr  will seem cheap. IfI had a team with a good LT, whose contract is close to up, I broke many things in my office yesterday. 

Weird. We agree on something. I’m not taking Williams or Taylor either by personal choice. Not because I don’t want to draft the position but because I’m not convinced they are LTs.

As for our back and forth about Ramzyck look at T Browns Wikipedia page. He hadn’t played a game at LT before he went to NE. I think Ramzyck will become NO’s LT. You don’t. And that’s perfectly fine.

1 minute ago, Seoul_Panther said:

Weird. We agree on something. I’m not taking Williams or Taylor either by personal choice. Not because I don’t want to draft the position but because I’m not convinced they are LTs.

As for our back and forth about Ramzyck look at T Browns Wikipedia page. He hadn’t played a game at LT before he went to NE. I think Ramzyck will become NO’s LT. You don’t. And that’s perfectly fine.

How many times did I post multiple teams and multiple positions. Pass blocked great from both sides. Remember those. I know exactly where he played. They drafted McGlinchy to replace him for run blocking. And that doesn’t change what I said about Ramzcyk. Never made one comment about his ability. Just your loose definition of franchise LT. And using it to prop up your choice of a RT over an all pro RB. 

Hint: Do the research before you post. 

1 minute ago, SOJA said:

I really believe either Jonah Williams or Clelin Ferrel will unexpectedly fall to 16 and they will be our pick.

I actually have a lot of faith in Hurney when drafting top tier OT talent. Gross speaks for himself. Also Jeff Otah, who was a beast, but just couldn't stay healthy and had some motivation issues. 

Would love either.. hey , the top WR in the draft fell all the way to us at 20-something last year, nothing is impossible.

That and I'm really not sure how most teams in general have all the DEs and OTs rated. 

I would be okay with that if there was a prototypical LT that we could plug and play, but there isnt in this draft. The value is simply not there and it would be a reach. If a DE slides to 16, that's who I want. Next a DT, then LB then S. If the value isnt there, trade back and pick up bpa at the pick, get more second rounders and get your C, OT and  G in the second and third. We can actually upgrade the entire OL for Cam without reaching for a guy and blowing up the rest of our board. 

2 hours ago, ncfan said:

Problem is 

The top 2 OTs

Jonah Williams- can play LT

And

Jawaan Taylor- only experienced RT, and people question him even being able to move to LT.  As LT at Florida was not good and they left Taylor on the RT.

After that its a huge drop off

Not a chance in he11 im putting Cam out there with Dillard at LT

Hopefully and its a good possibility, Jonah Williams fall to our laps at 16

Actually most teams dont even view Jonah as a OT in the NFL, thinks he's a future all pro LG or Center. 

Just now, Toomers said:

How many times did I post multiple teams and multiple positions. Pass blocked great from both sides. Remember those. I know exactly where he played. They drafted McGlinchy to replace him for run blocking. And that doesn’t change what I said about Ramzcyk. Never made one comment about his ability. Just your loose definition of franchise LT. And using it to prop up your choice of a RT over an all pro RB. 

Hint: Do the research before you post. 

Dang you were doing so well then you let yourself down with condescension.

Again you’re missing my point. He was an RT for the 49ers. NE transitioned him to LT. Ramzyck has played LT previously unlike Brown and time will tell if does in the future. I think I gather your opinion on this so let’s leave this behind huh?

11 minutes ago, Seoul_Panther said:

Dang you were doing so well then you let yourself down with condescension.

Again you’re missing my point. He was an RT for the 49ers. NE transitioned him to LT. Ramzyck has played LT previously unlike Brown and time will tell if does in the future. I think I gather your opinion on this so let’s leave this behind huh?

OK. Let’s do this your way. I’ll try to do much worse this time. 

You jumped in to proclaim your football prowess by stating you would have taken RR over CMC because he was a “franchise LT” 

I pointed out his limited play at LT,(FACT), that a RT is not a better choice than CMC, and that. Ramczym has been passed over EVERY time they have needed a LT since his first games of his rookie year(Already posted) (FACT) 

Then you bring up Trent Brown and any flaws to deflect from these ridiculous statements. Then you post things thatI already did about Brown.(FACT)

Next time, get your poo straight before patting yourself on the back.

Am I still doing better? 

2 hours ago, LinvilleGorge said:

Playing Taylor Moton at LT is by far our best option.

Did we not have that option this year?  Not saying I disagree, but I am saying we did  not move him.  I  think the plan is to not re-sign Williams and leave Moton there--I think they will not move him unless they have to.

To support Jeremy's theory, and i think there is something to it:

POINT:  We are not re-signing Williams unless nobody bites. We are not paying a RT $12m that needs a TE or FB to help him pass protect.

OT is shallow and if you do not get one in Round 1, you miss  out.   I disagree that there is only 1 LT as someone suggest J. Williams is the only LT.  Check out the athleticism of Cody Ford--he can play LT.  Andre Dillard is a day 1 starter at LT.  Greg Little?  We could trade back some and get him.  He is a huge man. 

My first round OT board:

• J. Williams, Alabama
  • Cody Ford, Oklahoma
  • Andre Dillard, Washington State
  • Greg Little, Mississippi

I think Ford or Dillard could easily be the pick.

11 minutes ago, MHS831 said:

Did we not have that option this year?  Not saying I disagree, but I am saying we did  not move him.  I  think the plan is to not re-sign Williams and leave Moton there--I think they will not move him unless they have to.

I've grown beyond weary of watching this team make indefensible depth chart decisions.

Archived