• Welcome!

Register and log in easily with Twitter or Google accounts!

Or simply create a new Huddle account. 

Members receive fewer ads , access our dark theme, and the ability to join the discussion!

Drafting an OT in round 1 is by far our best option.

Jeremy Igo

2 minutes ago, kungfoodude said:

Dillard is still a better option than Kalil.

Id honestly wouldn't think he'd be much better at all NEXT year.  Now his upside is better and a year or 2 will be better.  But he's a project

2 minutes ago, Jeremy Igo said:

Sure, but they won't do it. 

Feels like this is so often the case with roster moves and depth chart decisions with the Panthers. I had really hoped this poo would change under Tepper, but so far it looks like the same old same old under him on the football side of the house.

18 minutes ago, Toomers said:

Or send Cam and every coach to Trent Browns house at 12:01.3/11 and not leave without him. Same strategy I suggested with Whitworth. 

Brown isn’t in the same league as Whitworth. NE make tackles look good because they get the ball out fast. Just ask Nate Solder. Still can’t believe NE got Brown in a trade up though. That’s a ridiculously good trade by them.

13 minutes ago, Seoul_Panther said:

Brown isn’t in the same league as Whitworth. NE make tackles look good because they get the ball out fast. Just ask Nate Solder. Still can’t believe NE got Brown in a trade up though. That’s a ridiculously good trade by them.

Solder played at a similar level as he always has. He was #21 on PFF last year. Considering TB just gave a player whose best season isn’t as good as Solders worst, I’ll take above average play for 15M/yr. 

He’s not Whitworth. He’s also 10 years younger and played great on different teams and positions the last two years.  

18 minutes ago, LinvilleGorge said:

Feels like this is so often the case with roster moves and depth chart decisions with the Panthers. I had really hoped this poo would change under Tepper, but so far it looks like the same old same old under him on the football side of the house.

There's probably a decent reason Turner and Matsko and Wharton play him where they do  and it probably has nothing to do with who owns the team.

51 minutes ago, Jeremy Igo said:

Pray that one of the top two OT prospects fall to 16 in the draft. It is by far our best case scenerio for this year and the years to come. Take a look around at the money they are getting currently. There is no way the Panthers could afford a decent free agent this season. Drafting a 5 year starter on the relative cheap is the way to go. 

Yes, defensive end is a priority, but there are far more strategic options in pressuring a QB with average defensive ends than protecting a QB with a horrible left tackle. 

In short, please for the love of all that is holy draft a LT. 

Love,

JI

Agreed, and our O line depth other than at G is non existent 

I believe the Panthers can get a decent OLineman later in the first round. I could see them trading down from 16 if one of their top targets doesn't make it to 16. Get an additional pick and go with OLine at the end of the round.

Oh, and sign Trey Flowers, cowards.

14 minutes ago, Toomers said:

Solder played at a similar level as he always has. He was #21 on PFF last year. Considering TB just gave a player whose best season isn’t as good as Solders worst, I’ll take above average play for 15M/yr. 

He’s not Whitworth. He’s also 10 years younger and played great on different teams and positions the last two years.  

Good enough for someone to vastly overpay for him-sure. But apparently not so good that NE want to overpay for him. This is a guy that NE acquired in the 49ers trade up for Tarvarius Moore. Who? All I’m saying is Brown was a 7th. Moton wasn’t talked up when he came out. It is possible to get a very good tackle who isn’t the first to come off the board and not only through the draft. I wanted Ramzyck (taken in the late 20s by NO) the year we took CMC. Not saying CMC wasn’t a great pick but they got a franchise LT while we spent a high first rounder on an RB...

25 minutes ago, sml1950 said:

Long term salary wise, OL are way down the scale for top money as evidenced by the 2019 franchise tag numbers.  So cap wise its best to draft a DL rather than an OL.

https://overthecap.com/franchise-transition-and-rfa-tenders/

So you are saying not to get Cam OL protection and let him get demolished. Cam protection in 1st round with OL and should be the most critical position needed to fill first.

6 minutes ago, rbsponsel52 said:

So you are saying not to get Cam OL protection and let him get demolished. Cam protection in 1st round with OL and should be the most critical position needed to fill first.

Yeah, I think we all agree that DE is a major need but maybe we need to address the fact that we keep getting our QB killed by having holes along the OL.

Archived