• Welcome!

Register and log in easily with Twitter or Google accounts!

Or simply create a new Huddle account. 

Members receive fewer ads , access our dark theme, and the ability to join the discussion!

Drafting an OT in round 1 is by far our best option.

Jeremy Igo

Pray that one of the top two OT prospects fall to 16 in the draft. It is by far our best case scenerio for this year and the years to come. Take a look around at the money they are getting currently. There is no way the Panthers could afford a decent free agent this season. Drafting a 5 year starter on the relative cheap is the way to go. 

Yes, defensive end is a priority, but there are far more strategic options in pressuring a QB with average defensive ends than protecting a QB with a horrible left tackle. 

In short, please for the love of all that is holy draft a LT. 

Love,

JI

Well obviously it'd be idiotic to not try your long, fleet footed rising star at LT, so you're then talking about using a 1st round pick on a position that has no real talent disparity between 16 and lesser rounds, has been notoriously difficult to pin down scouting wise in recent seasons, to play a spot that 28 of the League's 32 teams are completely content to have a guy who is adequate, all while knowing you need to replace up to 10 of "12" defensive starters over the course of the next 2 offseasons and are facing a stacked defensive class.

I guess it's better than picking a Center?

Problem is 

The top 2 OTs

Jonah Williams- can play LT

And

Jawaan Taylor- only experienced RT, and people question him even being able to move to LT.  As LT at Florida was not good and they left Taylor on the RT.

After that its a huge drop off

Not a chance in he11 im putting Cam out there with Dillard at LT

Hopefully and its a good possibility, Jonah Williams fall to our laps at 16

And when they bust because they aren’t NFL LTs? It may be the riskiest position to draft. In a year where every LT prospect has serious question marks. 

Or send Cam and every coach to Trent Browns house at 12:01.3/11 and not leave without him. Same strategy I suggested with Whitworth. 

The draft into the best DE/DL class in memory. Or reach for hope. 

2 minutes ago, stbugs said:

I really don’t want C at 16. Yes, Bradbury may be the best C, but he’s not much better than McCoy/Jenkins (they might end up better) and that much better than Larsen that I’d take him over say J. Williams. Right now, we have a glaring hole, not Larsen, at tackle. Kalil is garbage and we aren’t signing Daryl.

I agree but you're talking about it like we didn't roll without him all last year. He's clearly replaceable.  Ryan on the other hand you can see the drop off from Larsen and who ever else was at C. With Bradbury you'd be set at C for a decade. The tip OT of this draft are not falling that far. If they do. Might as well anchor that line with a blue Chip c. 

3 minutes ago, stbugs said:

I really don’t want C at 16. Yes, Bradbury may be the best C, but he’s not much better than McCoy/Jenkins (they might end up better) and that much better than Larsen that I’d take him over say J. Williams. Right now, we have a glaring hole, not Larsen, at tackle. Kalil is garbage and we aren’t signing Daryl.

I’d throw Risner in their as well. And all the others have played multiple positions. Bradberry is a C only. 

3 minutes ago, Ivan The Awesome said:

I agree but you're talking about it like we didn't roll without him all last year. He's clearly replaceable.  Ryan on the other hand you can see the drop off from Larsen and who ever else was at C. With Bradbury you'd be set at C for a decade. The tip OT of this draft are not falling that far. If they do. Might as well anchor that line with a blue Chip c. 

Where was that drop off? Statistically, we were actually abetter offense woth Larsen at C.

25 minutes ago, Jeremy Igo said:

Pray that one of the top two OT prospects fall to 16 in the draft. It is by far our best case scenerio for this year and the years to come. Take a look around at the money they are getting currently. There is no way the Panthers could afford a decent free agent this season. Drafting a 5 year starter on the relative cheap is the way to go. 

Yes, defensive end is a priority, but there are far more strategic options in pressuring a QB with average defensive ends than protecting a QB with a horrible left tackle. 

In short, please for the love of all that is holy draft a LT. 

Love,

JI

The question is if we do go LT do you trust Ron to start him over Kalil?

16 minutes ago, ncfan said:

Problem is 

The top 2 OTs

And

Jawaan Taylor- only experienced RT, and people question him even being able to move to LT.  As LT at Florida was not good and they left Taylor on the RT.

After that its a huge drop off

Not a chance in he11 im putting Cam out there with Dillard at LT

Hopefully and its a good possibility, Jonah Williams fall to our laps at 16

Dillard is still a better option than Kalil.

14 minutes ago, ncfan said:

Problem is

So here’s where I am. I am on board with picking LT. But even assuming Williams falls that far are we sure he’s gonna be that. He isn’t prototypical, and many people project his best position as G. Nice that he can be so flexible to play all positions on the OL. I’ve only seen the guy play on the left side once in the Georgia game this year where he was obliterated by DeAndre Walker. I am skeptical of him as a franchise LT.

Archived