• Welcome!

Register and log in easily with Twitter or Google accounts!

Or simply create a new Huddle account. 

Members receive fewer ads , access our dark theme, and the ability to join the discussion!

Ravens cut Eric Weddle

ncfan

4 minutes ago, panthers55 said:

It wasn't about you but while your asking, you don't like Hurney or Rivera and nitpick and paint everything they do in the worse possible light.  And it isn't even debatable at this point, it is obvious to anyone.

And I have proven, valid reasons for those opinions. Unlike you who defend anything the team does. Shula ring a bell? 

Hurney is terrible. Proven terrible. But we should wait patiently while he destroy this team. Again. What’s false about that? Sorry if it’s not the company line, but facts are facts. 

He is any of this different from your team first bias? 

Just now, panthers55 said:

Reid is a top 10 strong safety and would have been one of the top safeties judging football talent along. He played out of position and came in off the sofa with no off-season or preseason. Given all that he did a great job and his contract isn't that big or filled with that much guaranteed money. Your dislike for Hurney blinds you to the facts.

Do you think it was smart to sign Eric Reid to a contract before free agency began?

Yes or No. 

Then we can revisit the "facts" after free agency, and compare hard numbers, and Safety rankings from 2018.

32 minutes ago, Toomers said:

And I have proven, valid reasons for those opinions. Unlike you who defend anything the team does. Shula ring a bell? 

Hurney is terrible. Proven terrible. But we should wait patiently while he destroy this team. Again. What’s false about that? Sorry if it’s not the company line, but facts are facts. 

I dont even think he cares about the team. He is just here for mental masturbation via gaslighting and denial. If you feed it, it only wants more and there is no hope of a valid or quality debate. Make fun of him and ignore.

40 minutes ago, Trill OG said:

Another old "stop gap" safety, yeah this is the normal Panthers signing.

Crazy people will praise this move but say we should stay away from players like Ford/Thomas/Collins because they cost to much.lol

Thomas would be a huge risk with his recent injury history. He looks to be physically breaking down at this point in his career. The Collins ship sailed when we re-signed Reid. They're redundant players. You can't start two box safeties in today's NFL. Ford... hey, if he checks out physically I wouldn't be opposed at all to adding a player like Dee Ford.

13 minutes ago, LinvilleGorge said:

Thomas would be a huge risk with his recent injury history. He looks to be physically breaking down at this point in his career. The Collins ship sailed when we re-signed Reid. They're redundant players. You can't start two box safeties in today's NFL. Ford... hey, if he checks out physically I wouldn't be opposed at all to adding a player like Dee Ford.

I think Dee got tagged.

1 hour ago, Toomers said:

Really. When is the last time he was even league average. 

And if he was out of position last year,, what is going to change? He’s still going to have to play single high some and get abused. So we signed a safety who is limited, when there are so many available that are not. 

Thinking everything the organization does is the right thing is an agenda. Just like any other. Just because you disagree doesn’t mean your view is not biased. 

Wrong as usual. He was 

Really. When is the last time he was even league average. 

And if he was out of position last year,, what is going to change? He’s still going to have to play single high some and get abused. So we signed a safety who is limited, when there are so many available that are not. 

Thinking everything the organization does is the right thing is an agenda. Just like any other. Just because you disagree doesn’t mean your view is not biased. 

He isn't going to be a free safety this year which is why we let Adams go. He will have all off-season and preseason to prepare and with some upgrades at corner could very well be in the probowl consideration in 2019.

If you think I believe everything the team does it right, you aren't paying attention. But I think the Reid signing was a good move. And who said my view was unbiased? I try to use facts to support my views but in the end I am a casual fan with no insider info or great knowledge of how organizations actually work. We are all biased to some point but some of allow information to change our opinion like my opinion of Hurney 2.0 versus 1.0 while others hold onto their views no matter what changes.

Again where are the facts to prove Hurney sucks this time around. You presented no facts at all. Just your half baked opinion. Do you know what a fact is?

48 minutes ago, Waldo said:

I dont even think he cares about the team. He is just here for mental masturbation via gaslighting and denial. If you feed it, it only wants more and there is no hope of a valid or quality debate. Make fun of him and ignore.

Yeah because as a PSL owner and Roaring riot member who even travels to other stadiums to see the team I must not care.

Actually you and your little band of malcontents who fill every thread with bitching and whining seem to be the trolls and gaslighters.  If there isn't a quality debate it is you not keeping up your end. I have no problem defending my opinions with logic and facts. Do you even know the difference between a fact, a stat and an opinion?

1 hour ago, thefuzz said:

Do you think it was smart to sign Eric Reid to a contract before free agency began?

Yes or No. 

Then we can revisit the "facts" after free agency, and compare hard numbers, and Safety rankings from 2018.

Yes I think it was a good signing. We needed to shore up the secondary and Reid is a good in the box safety who will solidify the position for the next 3 years.

And no you can't compare 2018 numbers unless it is apples to apples. Compare him to a strong safety playing out of a position at free safety who joined the team after the season started and you have a fair comparison. Otherwise compare him after this year to a strong safety playing in the box with a full off-season and preseason and look at 2019 rankings. That is a fair comparison 

44 minutes ago, LinvilleGorge said:

Im not saying we should sign those players, I was just throwing out quality players who will cost a lot of money.

Just now, panthers55 said:

Yes I think it was a good signing. We needed to shore up the secondary and Reid is a good in the box safety who will solidify the position for the next 3 years.

And no you can't compare 2018 numbers unless it is apples to apples. Compare him to a strong safety playing out of a position at free safety who joined the team after the season started and you have a fair comparison. Otherwise compare him after this year to a strong safety playing in the box with a full off-season and preseason and look at 2019 rankings. That is a fair comparison 

Ok.  That was easy.  We can compare the salaries and contract construction once free agency has passed and see if we made a mistake as I contend, or didn't as you contend.

38 minutes ago, panthers55 said:

Wrong as usual. He was 

He isn't going to be a free safety this year which is why we let Adams go. He will have all off-season and preseason to prepare and with some upgrades at corner could very well be in the probowl consideration in 2019.

If you think I believe everything the team does it right, you aren't paying attention. But I think the Reid signing was a good move. And who said my view was unbiased? I try to use facts to support my views but in the end I am a casual fan with no insider info or great knowledge of how organizations actually work. We are all biased to some point but some of allow information to change our opinion like my opinion of Hurney 2.0 versus 1.0 while others hold onto their views no matter what changes.

B y whose measures? Yours? Find me anyone, anywhere backing that up? Use those facts? He was 55 on PFF last year. 44th in 2017. Exactly where is he a top 10 Safeties again?

Just like I changed my opinion on Rivera. I defended him, for years, until the Defense fell to pieces. But it’s time for change. So I changed my mind. Just not in the hopeful Hurney 2.0 way of thinking someone who can’t get another NFL job is the answer for this team. For no other reason that he got hired again by us. 

Again, what’s my bias? When I’m defending Hurney against blame for Kalil, is that part of my agenda? I wouldn’t, but Hurneys supporters aren’t intelligent enough to know how to prove it. I’ve got plenty of those. Let’s try and find you saying anything bad about the teams decision making? 

Butker., Poe, Olsen, Gano, CJ, 7-9 

When I have 11 years of job performance to judge, and one year of wasted money, a worse record, and some good draft picks. More of the same. Make me a case why Hurney is qualified to be GM? Is your goal to make the playoffs 1 out of 4 years?

Archived