• Welcome!

Register and log in easily with Twitter or Google accounts!

Or simply create a new Huddle account. 

Members receive fewer ads , access our dark theme, and the ability to join the discussion!

Ravens cut Eric Weddle

ncfan

8 minutes ago, kungfoodude said:

I can't agree with that at all. He was still playing at a high to above average level until last season. 

His physical skills have been bad since he got here. He is old physically but his mind is gold. I'd say he was adiquit not good during his time here. Very smart and great guy but not a good player. Maybe I am grading him too harshly on what he used to be before he got here but adiquit seems to describe him best.

7 minutes ago, thefuzz said:

I'm fully aware.

Are you aware of trends, other teams cap casualties, and roster management in general?

The S market was/is being devalued, that started at least 2 years ago, and was certainly evident last off season.  Marty, instead of letting Eric test the free agency market, just decided to sign him "before someone else could".  It's called betting against yourself, and Marty has a history of it.

Think Charles Johnson, Eric Reid, and now I'm petrified that we will do the same with Williams.

Maybe the rest of the S's clean up in Free Agency and the Reid contract will look like a bargain....but I highly doubt it.

I am aware and yes the market had been poor the last two years but maybe wait until some contracts get inked before you jump off the cliff. Just wait at the ledge patiently.

Just now, kungfoodude said:

I am aware and yes the market had been poor the last two years but maybe wait until some contracts get inked before you jump off the cliff. Just wait at the ledge patiently.

Or, call it like I see it.  And how I saw it then.

7 minutes ago, kungfoodude said:

We jumped off the cliff for no reason. You don’t set the market when it’s down. And loaded with options. Ones that can actually cover. No way he was getting near that on open market. 

23 minutes ago, thefuzz said:

Or, call it like I see it.  And how I saw it then.

I am not going to even claim it was a great contract but the hyperbole is a bit much. He's a fairly decent safety. It isn't as devastating as some of the other horrifyingly bad contracts we have handed out recently.

26 minutes ago, kungfoodude said:

Problem with that is folks who have an agenda don't care about the facts. They fit the facts to match their agenda not the other way around.

I am not going to even claim it was a great contract but the hyperbole is a bit much. He's a fairly decent safety. It isn't as devastating as some of the other horrifyingly bad contracts we have handed out recently.

This is also true. Just didn’t like the timing. 

There is no hyperbole. 

We seem to have made Reid a top 10 paid Safety, just before the start of free agency, after the Safety market had been devalued for 2 seasons, and when the safety market is flooded with talent.

It's just a bad football move, but not surprising in the least with this team.

Just now, panthers55 said:

Problem with that is folks who have an agenda don't care about the facts. They fit the facts to match their agenda not the other way around.

And what’s the agenda now! Please tell me my agenda for my point of view. Or anyones? Just who are you accusing here? 

1 minute ago, kungfoodude said:

Actually Reid is considered one of the top safeties that were available and in his prime. He played decently even when everyone agreed he was playing out of position as a free safety instead of in the box safety. He should be one of the highest paid based on football ability which is how we judge him. Apparently we have ignored all of kneeling buzz as irrelevant and after we picked him up I bet his value across the league improved as folks saw it wasn't a huge liability to us or caused huge fan migration.

1 minute ago, Toomers said:

And what’s the agenda now! Please tell me my agenda for my point of view. Or anyones? Just who are you accusing here? 

It wasn't about you but while your asking, you don't like Hurney or Rivera and nitpick and paint everything they do in the worse possible light.  And it isn't even debatable at this point, it is obvious to anyone.

9 minutes ago, thefuzz said:

There is no hyperbole. 

We seem to have made Reid a top 10 paid Safety, just before the start of free agency, after the Safety market had been devalued for 2 seasons, and when the safety market is flooded with talent.

It's just a bad football move, but not surprising in the least with this team.

Reid is a top 10 strong safety and would have been one of the top safeties judging football talent alone. He played out of position and came in off the sofa with no off-season or preseason. Given all that, he did a great job and his contract isn't that big or filled with that much guaranteed money. Your dislike for Hurney blinds you to the facts.

Just now, panthers55 said:

Actually Reid is considered one of the top safeties that were available and in his prime. He played decently even when everyone agreed he was playing out of position as a free safety instead of in the box safety. He should be one of the highest paid based on football ability which is how we judge him. Apparently we have ignored all of kneeling buzz as irrelevant and after we picked him up I bet his value across the league improved as folks saw it wasn't a huge liability to us or caused huge fan migration.

Really. When is the last time he was even league average. 

And if he was out of position last year,, what is going to change? He’s still going to have to play single high some and get abused. So we signed a safety who is limited, when there are so many available that are not. 

Thinking everything the organization does is the right thing is an agenda. Just like any other. Just because you disagree doesn’t mean your view is not biased. 

Archived