• Welcome!

Register and log in easily with Twitter or Google accounts!

Or simply create a new Huddle account. 

Members receive fewer ads , access our dark theme, and the ability to join the discussion!

Video: Former Carolina Panther Devin Funchess

Jeremy Igo

25 minutes ago, Carl Spackler said:

Now many teams have 5 star WRs? None. 

Wright will be back too and we’ll add someone else you’ll probably complain about. So don’t worry. 

We better or it will be another long season. Then I don't want no one to say oh the answer is on the roster because it's not.

19 hours ago, cptx said:

When was KB ever dominant?

Dominant may not be the right word but he used his size, both height, to make some amazing catches his rookie year. We were posting amazing catches of his weekly. Cam would just lob it up, often way down field, and he would take it away from anyone.

That down the field style is missing now.

2018 was a huge disappointment. Dude looked like we was turning the corner at the end of 2017 and never showed up in 2018. Didnt look like he had any fire or will to keep improving. Hopefully someone gives him some cash in FA so we get a comp pick but I'm not holding my breath on that one. He needs to go somewhere they can light a fire under his and because it wasn't happening here.

On 3/1/2019 at 8:54 AM, Mr. Scot said:

Have said before: Funchess was looking like he was going to develop into a fine number two receiver until they traded Benjamin and tried to make him a number one.

Asking a complementary guy to be the main guy is what gets you the Buccaneers version of Alvin Harper rather than the Cowboys version.

What makes you say this?

#1 Benjamin didn't play during Funchess's rookie season.

#2 2016 was the only season Funchess and Benjamin started for a full season together and Funchess didn't impress. His best game that year was 3 catches for 56 yards and a touchdown vs KC.

#3 His best stretch of games was in 2017 after Benjamin was traded.

2 hours ago, Car123 said:

What makes you say this?

#1 Benjamin didn't play during Funchess's rookie season.

#2 2016 was the only season Funchess and Benjamin started for a full season together and Funchess didn't impress. His best game that year was 3 catches for 56 yards and a touchdown vs KC.

#3 His best stretch of games was in 2017 after Benjamin was traded.

Funchess didn't really play during his rookie season. All I know is he turned into a fairly reliable and very tall WR with great hands in 2017. And a year later we are ditching him.

There must be more to the story.

2 minutes ago, Happy Panther said:

Funchess didn't really play during his rookie season. All I know is he turned into a fairly reliable and very tall WR with great hands in 2017. And a year later we are ditching him.

There must be more to the story.

There isn't more to the story. We are ditching him because he didn't play well in 2018 after handing him the top WR spot. It would be foolish to pay him following his awful season.

13 minutes ago, Car123 said:

There isn't more to the story. We are ditching him because he didn't play well in 2018 after handing him the top WR spot. It would be foolish to pay him following his awful season.

He is good enough and young to get a good contract from a team based on potential. If it wasnt for his awful drops he would have been extremely solid. If it wasnt for dj moore and samuels emergence we would have had to make a difficult decision. If he didnt have the potential we could have probably got him for 5 or 6 mil a year and I woulda been fine with that but now i think jarius wright is almost as good and doesn't make the crucial drops.

Funchess was always a backup player— putting him in a number 1 role really showcases his deficiency.  The smallest playing big receiver we’ve seen in a long long time. I think Gettis had more heart.

KB was worth it until losing his mother destroyed his attitude,..

19 hours ago, Matt62881 said:

He is good enough and young to get a good contract from a team based on potential. If it wasnt for his awful drops he would have been extremely solid. If it wasnt for dj moore and samuels emergence we would have had to make a difficult decision. If he didnt have the potential we could have probably got him for 5 or 6 mil a year and I woulda been fine with that but now i think jarius wright is almost as good and doesn't make the crucial drops.

"If it wasn't for the awful drops he would have been extremely solid"....you see, thats the thing.  A wide receivers main job is to catch the GD MF'n ball.

On 3/3/2019 at 11:30 AM, Wolfpredator said:

"If it wasn't for the awful drops he would have been extremely solid"....you see, thats the thing.  A wide receivers main job is to catch the GD MF'n ball.

I agree but the truth is there is one game that is sticking out in all of our minds. The other thing is he was so much better last year, if he returns to form he will make a really good WR for another team and he is still very young. I like funchess as a person and hope nothing but the best for him!

Archived