• Welcome!

Register and log in easily with Twitter or Google accounts!

Or simply create a new Huddle account. 

Members receive fewer ads , access our dark theme, and the ability to join the discussion!

Video: Former Carolina Panther Devin Funchess

Jeremy Igo

Funches was great at times and a few balls slipped his grasp. if he continues to grind and get more body control he will be even more valuable. I wish him success and prosperity. I expect him to get even better and I expect the Dolphins or maybe the Lions to sign him. We shall see. 

I feel completely different about DF leaving than KB.

KB I wanted gone.  He didn't have the mindset, the effort.  Anything.

DF I really wanted to succeed.  He showed so many flashes of potential, I was just waiting for him to put it together.  I didn't doubt his effort, or that he was trying.  He just kept...frustratingly...dropping the ball.  He'd make a completely amazing grab in double coverage, just to drop the next pass thrown to him, when he was nearly wide open.

6 hours ago, steven8989 said:

Samuel has had injury issues

His ankle got messed up during his rookie season, but what other injuries has he had? Unless you are counting the heart procedure, which is kind of dumb, imo.

2 hours ago, micnificent28 said:

no where near as dominate as KB was

When was KB ever dominant? He racked up yards during garbage time his rookie season and caught a few notable passes the year after he was hurt, but dominant?

7 hours ago, rbsponsel52 said:

You seem to have forgotten about the best WR we had in Steve Smith. He was not a bad draft pick. He was also small and dangerous to defend against.

lets be real, Steve smith was a 3rd round pick. when we drafted him it had more to do with his PR/KR ability than his ability to be a WR. We got lucky as fug.

3 hours ago, cptx said:

His ankle got messed up during his rookie season, but what other injuries has he had? Unless you are counting the heart procedure, which is kind of dumb, imo.

It started with hamstring when he was rookie then finally came back and then broke his ankle. Then he missed games due to heart procedure. I'm just saying if we get nobody we are stuck with DJ and Wright? So ur saying ur ok with Torrey 17 catches in a season Smith. Cut him save 5 mil and can go after someone that will produce. But u can't sit here and say u expect Samuel to make it through a whole season.

Let’s be honest, funchess is garbage. Not good enough to be clutch and not good enough to dominate with physical advantage. What’s left? Maybe a 3rd receiver you have to worry about catching the damn ball. Below average, No thanks. Better options. Move on. Being honest.

50 minutes ago, steven8989 said:

Yeah and that's it pretty much two rookies. I don't want funchess but if ur ok with just them two, your crazy.

Now many teams have 5 star WRs? None. 

Wright will be back too and we’ll add someone else you’ll probably complain about. So don’t worry. 

Archived